GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
".wav file to net"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/08/05 at 22:24
Regular
"just asking"
Hi, can anyone advise me here please. I am trying to upload a .wav file so an audio presentation can be heard on my web page. Is this the way to do it as when I uploaded one there was no sound. Is there a sepperate programme I could use as a remote and link to it?

Thanks
Sat 13/08/05 at 22:24
Regular
"just asking"
Hi, can anyone advise me here please. I am trying to upload a .wav file so an audio presentation can be heard on my web page. Is this the way to do it as when I uploaded one there was no sound. Is there a sepperate programme I could use as a remote and link to it?

Thanks
Sat 13/08/05 at 23:19
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
How big is the file? Wav files are generally huge and it probably isn't playing because not enough of it has loaded yet.

Also, what code/tags are you using?
Sun 14/08/05 at 09:13
Regular
"just asking"
Hi, thanks for your reply. I am a novice at sound files to web, but I recorded a 30 second greeting (in media player) and uploaded it via FTP in to my Freeola space. Is there another (Better) way to do this I could manage? I found some thing called BYO Audio but it requires a monthly fee.

Thanks again.
Sun 14/08/05 at 09:40
"Are you sure?"
Like Twain asked, can you show us your code ? Obviously just FTPing the file isn't going to get it played when someone visits your page...
Sun 14/08/05 at 10:21
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Does anyone know of a program that records whats playing on the computer into .wav or .mp3 format?

(Vaguely related)
Sun 14/08/05 at 10:53
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
You'll want to use a different file format if you can, mainly MP3, as this will reduce the file size, which would be a factor (as mentioned, if it takes a long time to download, it won't play for a while). There are many file converter programs available, although I'm not sure of a .WAV to .MP3 offhand, but others may be able to make a recommendation.

Also make sure that your HTML code linking to the file is correct (filenames are more important on non-Windows web servers, as they are case sensitive) for example, if you file is called 'FILE.wav', but you refer to it as 'file.WAV' in your code, it won't be loaded.

Just to point out though, I don't think there is an official background music inclusion HTML tag. I know Internet Explorer has / had something like but I don't think any other browser supports it. I expect you'll need to use the tag, such as .

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.