GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nice going Arnold Clark"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/08/05 at 17:45
Regular
"Excommunicated"
My dad went to pick up his new car today that he has been craving since somebody destroyed his last one 7 weeks ago.

So I was working 6am-2pm, come home and get told I need to drive my dad into Glasgow. So I do, like the good son I am. I wait about for a stupid while then I follow my dad home. We get to Castlemlk (awful area) and he pulls over, so I do to.

There was no petrol and the car stopped dead. He just noticed it a few minutes before and there was no station nearby.

Selling a brand new car with a tiny bit of petrol, I'm shocked.
So he phones and goes a bit mental at them

" Can't you get a can or something... we'll refund you "

Oh great bloody help and advice guys (baring in mind they didn't know I had a car there)... he'll just leave his brand new car in Castlemilk, walk down the Dual Carriageway a few miles then magically get some petrol with the zero money we had.

So they lie and say they're going home for the day. I drive home, get wallet, go to petrol station, have a fight with somebody, spill petrol on me, drive back again, fill it up.... oohohohohoho the whole thing is done in, even spare petrol won't save it.

So now my dad is stuck there and I can't do much to help, waiting about an hour for the AA and missing a night out with his friends.

Complete and utter morons
Sat 13/08/05 at 17:45
Regular
"Excommunicated"
My dad went to pick up his new car today that he has been craving since somebody destroyed his last one 7 weeks ago.

So I was working 6am-2pm, come home and get told I need to drive my dad into Glasgow. So I do, like the good son I am. I wait about for a stupid while then I follow my dad home. We get to Castlemlk (awful area) and he pulls over, so I do to.

There was no petrol and the car stopped dead. He just noticed it a few minutes before and there was no station nearby.

Selling a brand new car with a tiny bit of petrol, I'm shocked.
So he phones and goes a bit mental at them

" Can't you get a can or something... we'll refund you "

Oh great bloody help and advice guys (baring in mind they didn't know I had a car there)... he'll just leave his brand new car in Castlemilk, walk down the Dual Carriageway a few miles then magically get some petrol with the zero money we had.

So they lie and say they're going home for the day. I drive home, get wallet, go to petrol station, have a fight with somebody, spill petrol on me, drive back again, fill it up.... oohohohohoho the whole thing is done in, even spare petrol won't save it.

So now my dad is stuck there and I can't do much to help, waiting about an hour for the AA and missing a night out with his friends.

Complete and utter morons
Sat 13/08/05 at 17:47
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
It's common to get a new car with little to no petrol though, unless you actually ask them to fill it up.
Sat 13/08/05 at 17:49
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Thanks EB, that makes me feel better.

Baring in mind it takes about 20 minutes to drive home and he got halfway.
I think it would have struggled to the nearest one.
Sat 13/08/05 at 17:50
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Ford Focuses don't count as new cars, EB.
Sat 13/08/05 at 17:51
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Thanks EB, that makes me feel better.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to make you feel better. I was just saying is all.

> Baring in mind it takes about 20 minutes to drive home and he got
> halfway.
> I think it would have struggled to the nearest one.

Did he have anything in it at all? They usually have enough for a test-drive, which last about half an hour, so that is a little harsh.
Sat 13/08/05 at 17:52
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
On another not, what car did he buy?
Sat 13/08/05 at 17:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
What I just said. There must have been pretty much nothing left and it wasn't as if they mentioned anything.

It really honestly lasted 10 minutes.
Sat 13/08/05 at 17:53
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
And surely the fact he got his previous car done in suggests your dad is not the greatest mind when at the wheel.
Sat 13/08/05 at 17:54
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Running on the last fumes then.

Yeah, they really should give you a little more then that.
Sat 13/08/05 at 17:56
Regular
"Not a Jew"
There must have been feck all to begin with, they didn't bother adding more and what was there evaporated in the tank. Still, not as bad as the car salesman near me who puts red diesel in his diesel cars..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.