GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Requiem for a Dream"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/08/05 at 23:04
Regular
I am literally stunned.

Just finished watching this movie, and I think it's the first time a film has left me completely speechless at the end of it.

Brutally depicted, incredibly shot and graphic.

This is Trainspotting, American style.

I'm guessing quite a lot of you have seen it, it came out in 2000 (I think), but I only got round to watching it earlier.

Stunning film.

Agree?
Wed 10/08/05 at 14:05
Regular
gamesfreak wrote:
> I also loved the music, a lot of it seemed to be in perfect sync with
> actions on the screen, or created a lot of great ambience.

Yeah, I love the soundtrack. Shame that on the CD a lot of the tracks are incredibly similar, and just very, very slight variations.
Wed 10/08/05 at 12:12
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> "ass to ass"

yeah, she's come a long way since The Rocketeer eh? :D
Wed 10/08/05 at 10:51
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I think the most disturbing tale was the mother addicted to diet
> pills. Really chilling watching her mental state deteriorate, as she
> becomes more dependant on the drugs.

Yeah, Ellen Burstyn played her character brilliantly, especially towards the ending stages.

"I'm gonna be on television"

Really good film, well acted, brilliantly directed.

I also loved the music, a lot of it seemed to be in perfect sync with actions on the screen, or created a lot of great ambience.
Wed 10/08/05 at 09:07
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Reefer wrote:
> It was an excellent piece of filmmaking, as was Pi. I prefer this,
> though.
Wed 10/08/05 at 06:58
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I've seen it a number of times now. It's the most powerful anti drugs movie I've seen.
Wed 10/08/05 at 03:32
Regular
It was an excellent piece of filmmaking, as was Pi. I prefer this, though.
Wed 10/08/05 at 00:46
Regular
Was impressed.

A powerful, unflinching look at drug culture that I'm glad to say doesn't duck out and show a happy ending.

I think the most disturbing tale was the mother addicted to diet pills. Really chilling watcHing her mental state deteriorate, as she becomes more dependant on the drugs.

Not the sort of film I could ever see myself watching again, but excellent all the same.

"ass to ass"
Wed 10/08/05 at 00:23
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i have to admit i preferred Pi to Requiem.
it was all very nice, powerful and arty, but didn't really do it for me.
Tue 09/08/05 at 23:04
Regular
I am literally stunned.

Just finished watching this movie, and I think it's the first time a film has left me completely speechless at the end of it.

Brutally depicted, incredibly shot and graphic.

This is Trainspotting, American style.

I'm guessing quite a lot of you have seen it, it came out in 2000 (I think), but I only got round to watching it earlier.

Stunning film.

Agree?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.