GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox 360: Xbox Live"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/08/05 at 23:02
Regular
"Remember me?"
I don't know if anyone thought about this yet... but with the Xbox 360's silver and gold online services and whatnot, will existing Xbox Live customers be able to continue using their accounts on Xbox 360? It's just that I really really hope so, as my current Live subscription will last until June 2006; 7 whole months after Xbox 360 supposedly comes out.

Anyone?
Fri 12/08/05 at 20:12
Regular
"The Ultimate"
I heard that the Xbox 360 can only play xbox games that sold alot.
Fri 12/08/05 at 00:57
Regular
X-box live service carries over as X-box GOLD service on the 360.

Once your current live service expires you will then be demoted to the silver service unless you choose to sign up for the Gold one.
Thu 11/08/05 at 21:55
Regular
The fact you can play 'top selling' Xbox games on 360 guarantees Halo 2 will be playable - thus Live will be useable with old accounts.

I'd've thought it would be bad customer service to make everyone re-register their existing accounts, potentially losing their gamertags

Hell, with all the Edgy1337s pretending to me on Xbox Live, I don't particularly want to change my account :P

I just hope in paying my dollars for a year's subscription means I'm automatically put on Gold - and that its worthwhile.

And I also hope that in there being a free service, we don't end up playing against a load of plebs.
Wed 10/08/05 at 19:35
Regular
"Remember me?"
Heh, well you never know.
Wed 10/08/05 at 00:01
Regular
"8==="
It'll carry over, MS aren't that stupid.
Tue 09/08/05 at 23:32
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm sure I read that it will carry over, I think it was announced at E3.
Tue 09/08/05 at 23:02
Regular
"Remember me?"
I don't know if anyone thought about this yet... but with the Xbox 360's silver and gold online services and whatnot, will existing Xbox Live customers be able to continue using their accounts on Xbox 360? It's just that I really really hope so, as my current Live subscription will last until June 2006; 7 whole months after Xbox 360 supposedly comes out.

Anyone?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.