GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/06/01 at 20:18
Regular
Well it seems there are plenty of people eagerly awaiting this console. So what 3 games are you waiting for on it the most ? :-)

My choices would be : Conker's 2
Rogue Squadron 2
Zelda

I think Nintendo have finally got the idea now. There are games on the way to suit everyone. I'm glad Perfect Dark is set to make a return too. The fighting in Zelda looks excellent, a lot more like a proper sword fight than games of its kind before it.

I think all Nintendo really need now is to sort things out with SquareSoft. If they manage to put the past behind them then Nintendo will have great powerhouse companies behind them in both SquareSoft and Rare. Plus of course they have many well known titles like the Mario and Pokemon series that will always sell. Lets hope we see Nintendo get back to where they were. I grew up on Nintendo consoles so I never want to see them end up like Sega.

I know Sega are far from dead because they are making what they are good at - games ! But Nintendo is a company that should be making consoles too because they are damn good at it. Its looking very bright for the Gamecube. I think this could possibly be down to the disappointment of the PS2. With Sega out of the console battle, this really leaves Microsoft to make an impression and it will be hard to repeat Sony's initial impact. Unless they accomplish this, I feel that the gaming public will stick to the brand they know.

Anyway, feel free to list your top 3 awaited Gamecube games :-)
Tue 05/06/01 at 20:33
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
OK, broadband was mentioned so here are my thoughts on the PS2:

I, like a lot of people, access the net via an 0800 ISP, so I don't have to pay for my net time. Will I be able to use this with PS2? I think not. The PS2, as far as I am aware, will use an Ethernet connector, which means I will have to get a socket installed in my house. The thing is, I'm worried about the cost. Many people will have to get a connector installed, which will be £70 upwards. After that, there will probably be a monthly charge for the service. In the UK, we struggle for free dialup. How much is lightening
fast broadband going to cost?

The fact is, the market for PS2 is around 14-30 years olds. Anyone under 18 will probably not have the money, and neither will students. The latter might also be living in rented accommodation, where they can't have an Ethernet line installed. Also, you've got to think that in the UK, only cities can get broadband access.

I think the UK is not ready for broadband. The reason? BT. The solution? A world without BT. But then again, we may catch another glimpse of the famous Sony magic at work in the summer. Who knows? I hope we do.
Tue 05/06/01 at 20:29
Regular
What a scum! What the hell do you think you are doing!
Tue 05/06/01 at 17:39
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Where is everyone. It has been ages since I last talked to someone. Talked is what I mewan not just posted once or twice to. Had a conversation or a discussion. I would even have an arguement to keep my self from getting bored.
Tue 05/06/01 at 17:28
The Gamecube is looking very promising indeed. Nintendo have really got a great console on the their hands here and certainly has the potential to become the best console. It has several games set to come out for it that look very good, and I am looking forward to the new Perfect Dark because I loved the original.

But, I don't see the PS2 as a disappointment. OK, so the launch games weren't exactly brilliant, with only one or two 'must own' games. But now, there are some great games coming out for PS2, with much more variety and some of them look absolutely stunning, GT3 and MGS2 as two examples.
And the developers are now starting to get to grips with the PS2 hardware and will soon start churning out games that will be able compete with those of the Gamecube and the Xbox.

Let's not forget the Xbox. It's power can easily compare with that of the Gamecube, and essentially surpasses that power.

But, it's not the power of the console that will make it a success, it's the games. Each of the consoles: PS2, Xbox and Gamecube, has some great games heading for them, and it is these games that will essentially decide how successful the console will be. It will be a tough battle between the three consoles, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens when all of the consoles are finally available and not just one.
Tue 05/06/01 at 17:11
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Why dontr we straighten this out. P...A...N...A....S...O...N...I...C. Use the name we are all used to and not the Japanese alter ego.
Tue 05/06/01 at 12:12
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
hmmm.. I would be very suprised to see a list that didn't have at least one nintendo first party game on... the company is really on a role at the moment

Sonic
Tue 05/06/01 at 12:07
Regular
It's Mitibushi stupid!
Mon 04/06/01 at 21:33
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Sniper wrote:
> You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see what the GameCube is
> capable of now.
Yes there will be Zelda, Smash Bros, Metroid, Star
> Fox Adv. etc however the huge plus point is that the GC could be
> internet ready and the broadband modems could be ready for the
> European launch!

So will online gaming be available? Who knows
> wait up for the GC in Spring 2001 it is one machine you cannot miss
> too often.
What launch titles you say? Well who knows that
> aswell!
Normally Nintendo release 2-3 games at launch but Nintendo
> is set to start off alot better releasing at least 10 games at least
> (not too many please it would be too much to offer!)
But of course
> the 4 player games will be a major selling point for Nintendo (Smash
> Brothers 2 mayhem!)but that's not all, oh yes a GC with a DVD player
> and games, PS2 anyone? But with better quality and Nintendo
> games?
I'm i kidding no, cos it's going to happen belive or
> not.
Let's hope Mitibushi get the quality of the DVD player right
> and not degrade the GC's graphics card and RAM!

Actually i do
> hope Sony get their online thing going and get some decent games
> released, i would actually love to play MG2 and GT3, they look like
> a great examples for the new Perfect Dark and future GC racing
> games.

That's it i think
Sniper

I'm sorry, mate.

But you can't spell for s***e, and you're info is crap and wrong, and it something like Masushiti Not Mitsubish, or whatever you out....

An advance on the usual one-liners all the same...

Meh!
Mon 04/06/01 at 21:33
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yeah you're right savaat. GameCube's out in America on November 5th with X-Box coming out 3 days later on the 8th and for a $100 dearer.
Mon 04/06/01 at 21:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Actually Time Warp, I think Nintendo are releasing the Gamecube a few days before the X-Box to add pressure on Microsoft ;-) That should worry Mr Gates a bit ;-))

Looking at the games lineup for both the Gamecube and the X-Box, I think Nintendo well ahead there. And with Nintendo and Rare both releasing excellent titles from release day, I think Microsoft will find it hard to get their foot in the door.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.