GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox up the creek"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/08/05 at 02:36
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Turned it on.. bit of a loud click but I think nothing of it. Put in the new OXM demo disc no problems on the menu screen so that error had left my mind. Until I boot up the Hulk demo and im greeted with a lagre grey fuzzy line at the bottom of the screen along with another clear but fuzzy line about 5 cm's thick acoss the middle.
Bizzare I thought.. perhaps a dodgy demo disc.
But I try Burnout and it's the same. The XBox menu is clear as crystal, as is the demo disc menu just the games themselves have the same distortion pattern across the screen.
So I put my ear closer to the machine to listen for tell tale signs and it's definately making a new noise which I can only describe as the whistling from a vaccum but on a much lower level.. obviously.

It's not that old at all. Under a year. Is the laser up the creek?
Fri 12/08/05 at 15:55
Regular
'Under a Year', call M$ and get a replacement.
Tue 09/08/05 at 11:24
Regular
"8==="
Google it.

See if the problem is related to drive problems. If so then you can replace the drive.
Tue 09/08/05 at 08:31
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
I've also got a slight problem, but I think its the Tv. When your playing a game, it suddenly goes all blurd, if your on the menu you can just about read the writing. I give it a whallop(the Tv) and it comes clear again, somtimes it stays clear all the time but eventually goes blurd, also it doesnt seem to have the same problem at night!!??
Tue 09/08/05 at 02:53
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Cheers. Dont think it's the discs though.

That demo is brand new. Switched from phono to scart and no change there either. It does travel a bit so maybe something's been knocked in transit but I do look after it.
Tue 09/08/05 at 02:44
Regular
"SOUP!"
Try cleaning the laser lens with a duster, also make sure all of the wires are in propperly, if a pin isn't conducting right you might be losing a few bars worth of pixels.

Potentially the problem is digital (something wrong with the game rather than the optics)

Also the laser wouldn't make a funny noise if it was broken would it?

I figure the problems is probably the disks, give them a good scrub and check your connections and give it another go.
Tue 09/08/05 at 02:36
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Turned it on.. bit of a loud click but I think nothing of it. Put in the new OXM demo disc no problems on the menu screen so that error had left my mind. Until I boot up the Hulk demo and im greeted with a lagre grey fuzzy line at the bottom of the screen along with another clear but fuzzy line about 5 cm's thick acoss the middle.
Bizzare I thought.. perhaps a dodgy demo disc.
But I try Burnout and it's the same. The XBox menu is clear as crystal, as is the demo disc menu just the games themselves have the same distortion pattern across the screen.
So I put my ear closer to the machine to listen for tell tale signs and it's definately making a new noise which I can only describe as the whistling from a vaccum but on a much lower level.. obviously.

It's not that old at all. Under a year. Is the laser up the creek?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.