GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saw 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/08/05 at 21:49
Regular
[URL]http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/saw_2/large.html[/URL]

Why? Why!? The first was very enjoyable. Why screw it up?
Sun 07/08/05 at 21:49
Regular
[URL]http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/saw_2/large.html[/URL]

Why? Why!? The first was very enjoyable. Why screw it up?
Sun 07/08/05 at 22:00
Regular
The first film was rubbish. Even if they tried, I doubt they could screw it up any more
Sun 07/08/05 at 22:09
Regular
"The definitive tag"
The first one wasn't too bad but it certainly wasn't anything special, I'd imagine that this one will just be more of the same.
Sun 07/08/05 at 22:15
Regular
There were only two things holding the first one back:

- The hilariously low-budget "car chase", which was actually filmed in a garage.

- The acting. I expected better from Elwes really. I never knew that blood loss caused your accent to change from American to British. I mean, near the end he sounded like Ozzy Osbourne on acid (although that's a regular occurence).

I thought it was pretty solid otherwise, though.
Sun 07/08/05 at 22:19
Regular
"Catch it!"
That just looks completely the same!
Mon 08/08/05 at 13:05
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
And strangely they've changed the director from the original. I really liked the original, might get it on DVD. But this looks somewhat disappointing and samey. Great concept though.
Thu 11/08/05 at 20:05
Regular
"lets go back"
I was one of the few people who really enjoyed the original. The low budget helped it to seem more gritty. Everything looked geniunely old and used rather than hollywood buffed.

All of that is irelevant however, as this film will suck. It'll be 90mins of a guy trapped in a "situation", just like the first film, with 2 possible endings. Option one, the killer gets away again, effectively making it a complete clone of the original. Option two, the killer gets caught, which would make it completely opposite to the first film, undermining the first film which showed us how smart he was to start with.

I'll go and see it and it will hopefully be entertaining, but it'll just lack any originality.
Thu 11/08/05 at 20:18
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I quite like the look of this. The first was hamstrung by a low budget (but still a pretty fun diversion). this one will have more spent on it.
Thu 11/08/05 at 20:28
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I liked Saw, but this sequel is neither written or directed by the people that made the first film, so y'know...meh.

EDIT: I lie, Saw 2 has got one of the people from Saw in the writing credits, but still don't think it was strong enough to warrant a sequel.
Thu 11/08/05 at 20:50
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> I liked Saw, but this sequel is neither written or directed by the
> people that made the first film, so y'know...meh.

To be honest, I think that's pretty much a good thing. It was poorly directed, acted, and contained some appalling Its In The Script moments. I still enjoyed it, but I have absolutely zero loyalty to the creators.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.