GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FIFA 2006"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/08/05 at 10:52
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Played this last week. Much, much better than '05, but still not a patch on PE.

First gripe is that even if you have a super fast striker and an aged centre back, you just can't beat an opposition player with pace, not even on the easiest difficulty setting.
Sat 06/08/05 at 00:55
Regular
"Ruddie1"
In theory its simple but we all know money grabbing EA!!
Sat 06/08/05 at 00:48
"High polygon count"
The solution is simple.

EA and Konami join forces.

Pro FIFA Evolution

The Pro Evo game engine and controls, with FIFA licenses, graphics and overall presentation.

The Ultimate Footy Game.

You know it makes sense.

That's why it will never happen.
Sat 06/08/05 at 00:45
Regular
"Ruddie1"
EA should be shut down. Its still going to be makin millions selling Fifa 2028 to stupid idiots! Every game they touch seems to get ruined!
Fri 05/08/05 at 15:07
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
I don't think it makes any difference in this case. Despite PE being very clearly superior, FIFA still gets bought by the bucketload.

2006 even has proper crowd chants. I could hear, 'Come on you Spurs!' and 'random unintelligible name's blue and white army!' from the crowd. It's very cool.
Fri 05/08/05 at 14:51
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Surely you should be promoting all games?

But I agree with Matt, FIFA shouldn't even be considered when there is such an obvious alternative.
Fri 05/08/05 at 13:59
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
monkey_man wrote:
> You on Live, KT? Methinks the SR staffies need a kicking.

Nope. Funnily enough, online gaming has never appealed to me, I think my fear of losing is just too great. Plus, I don't have the hardware.

mattributé wrote:
> Why even play Fifa when you've got the option to be Pro Evo-ing it
> out?

There is no sensible reason, but I enjoy footie games enough to be curious about FIFA 2006 and had the opportunity to play it.
Fri 05/08/05 at 13:13
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Why even play Fifa when you've got the option to be Pro Evo-ing it out?
Fri 05/08/05 at 13:06
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
You on Live, KT? Methinks the SR staffies need a kicking.
Fri 05/08/05 at 10:52
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Played this last week. Much, much better than '05, but still not a patch on PE.

First gripe is that even if you have a super fast striker and an aged centre back, you just can't beat an opposition player with pace, not even on the easiest difficulty setting.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.