GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is your Favourite Position...?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/10/04 at 21:23
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Well? Whats your favourite position when playing games on your PS2, or any other console? Sounds like a wierd question i know, but there is a reason i ask...

I have always found, especially when playing Pro Evo, that i have to sit up on my bed, or in the seat im sat on to really concentrate on the game, and that if i slouch back in my chair, or lay down and play, i just cant play the game as good, and cant concentrate on it, and more often than not, i will lose on the likes of Pro Evo. So for hours on end i have to sit up straight playing until my back aches. I suppose in the long run its better for my back that im not slouched in my chair...but its not the idea comfortable position to be playing on the PS2 for a few hours.

Anyone else find this? Or something similar?
Fri 22/10/04 at 17:32
Regular
"Bicycle"
Nah, don't go into that kind of game...
Fri 22/10/04 at 16:57
Regular
"Bow to me!"
T+F was button bashing and timing. doesnt sound like much but there was skill involved
Fri 22/10/04 at 11:38
Regular
"Bicycle"
Never played a button bashing game. Less about skill...
Fri 22/10/04 at 10:40
Regular
"Bow to me!"
i think its better to button bash while sitting up. on int. track and field i always sat up and beat everyone. except that the stupid vault damn that event. i think its very restricting to not sit on a chair of some kind. lying on the floor is bout to be restricting and will give you crippling neck pains after a while
Fri 22/10/04 at 08:56
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Pro Evo wrote:
> Im surprised how this topic has had a decent responce...
>
> Stuff

I agree. I popped in here because it was one of the rare threads that didn't have the number 2, 4 or 5 in its title :)
Thu 21/10/04 at 17:13
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
The only game I have a different position for is Athens 2004. It's impossible to buttonbash on your lap, so I lie face down on the floor, with the controller in front of me, and pummel!
Thu 21/10/04 at 13:01
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Used to sit on my bed cross legged but then my legs used to get pins and needles so had to lay down on the bed with pillow under head to prop it up.

Now in new house, PS2 in cabinet and the same used to happen, sit on floor cross legged until P and N and then lean against the door.

Can't lay flat resting on arms as I haven't got any

Ahem

Laying on front resting on arms causes my arms to get P and N so I can't win, I'm forever changing position.

Just lately got myself a nice leather chair so sit in that now :)
Thu 21/10/04 at 12:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Im surprised how this topic has had a decent responce...

Well when most of the other topics are

*wat cunsole is da bestest*
*i need help on....*
*oooh someone else got banned*

it's hardly surprising :-D
Thu 21/10/04 at 11:30
fragout123 wrote:
> Snap, but swap desk for poof!! :)

lol
Thu 21/10/04 at 11:28
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Drazen wrote:
> Well, normally depends on what mood Im in and whether Im really
> interested in the game.
> Mostly its in my leather chair, leaning back with feet up on desk. If
> things get intense then I sit upright and lean forward a little,
> other than that, it's probably just relaxed and sitting!

Snap, but swap desk for poof!! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.