GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Steve Jobs flashes his "Mighty Mouse""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/08/05 at 16:37
Regular
Hot on the heels of the announcement of x86 Macs, Apple announced a multi-button mouse, known as the Mighty Mouse. It appears that the entire surface is touch-sensitive, allowing the mouse to be programmed as a single-button, multi-button or scrolling device

[URL]http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/[/URL]

Cool.

But this x86 thing....it's a bit disheartening.
Fri 12/08/05 at 19:49
Regular
I renamed mine Danger Mouse seeing as it's white unlike Mighty Mouse
Fri 12/08/05 at 19:41
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Bought a (I hate the name) Mighty Mouse and it's not bad - the scroll ball is dead handy.
Wed 03/08/05 at 11:40
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> The next release of OS X will be PPC or x86.

Hmmm, I suppose that's good news, cheers Timmargh
Wed 03/08/05 at 11:38
Regular
Bluetooth wrote:
> Um, always? If you mean the comment about your bland portfolio, which
> is the only one I recall (and also truth), than may God help you if
> you can't take something like that on the chin.

I seriously don't want to get into a flame war about this, it isn't worth the hassle. All I'm saying, is the fact that your sniped comments aren't exactly helpful nor necessary. Mentioning things like

> You're not too good on the "giving reasons" part.

Really have no value in a thread, I don't see a reason why you need to be bitter when you could of just asked a simple question; i.e. "Why do you think this?" etc. It's not that hard, it's called etiquette.
Wed 03/08/05 at 01:56
Regular
gamesfreak wrote:
> ....Unnecessary.
>
> What's the deal with you always making sniped comments?

Um, always? If you mean the comment about your bland portfolio, which is the only one I recall (and also truth), than may God help you if you can't take something like that on the chin.

Those buying it now won't know about the switch, and probably won't care enough. Those who do will wait. And to add on to what Timmargh said, the next O.S. will defintely support both. To put it another way, that siny new PPC machine won't become an antique for a long time.

>
> The announcement of the new mouse only adds to it.

Must ask again, how?
Tue 02/08/05 at 22:54
Regular
"Twenty quid."
They're moving to x86 because IBM can't make their chips go much faster than they already are - they'd promised to be at 3GHz now and can't do it.

The next release of OS X will be PPC or x86.
Tue 02/08/05 at 19:15
Regular
....Unnecessary.

What's the deal with you always making sniped comments?

All I'm saying, is, those people who are purchasing PPC powered Macs now are kind of missing out when the x86 line comes out. Apple are selling us short, I can imagine OSX becoming x86 only, forcing everyone to upgrade in the near future. Rendering their shiny PPC machine to the past.

The announcement of the new mouse only adds to it.
Tue 02/08/05 at 18:52
Regular
gamesfreak wrote:

> But this x86 thing....it's a bit disheartening.

You're not too good on the "giving reasons" part.
Tue 02/08/05 at 18:48
Regular
Haha, it sounds alright. "Mighty Mouse" though? Come on.
Tue 02/08/05 at 16:46
Regular
I think it's got infra red underneath, the little ball at the top just lets you move around images and stuff..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.