GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you know what the 'Cube lacks..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/10/04 at 20:51
Regular
A good realistic racer.

Ye, we've got Mario Kart and F-Zero, but to be honest I fell the 'Cube needs a solid, beefy racer. PS2 has GT, Xbox has Forza and PGR, but the 'Cube has...well, nothing really.

'Tis a shame. Time after time I see lame, pathetic races like World Racing grace upon the 'Cube, and I long for an exclusive racing series that doesn't involve an Italian in a Red Cap and squillions of weapons.

I don't think Ninty would do something like that though, as they're more into innovation. Hopefully Burnout 3 will hit the 'Cube, but we need our own GT in my opinion.
Wed 20/10/04 at 20:51
Regular
A good realistic racer.

Ye, we've got Mario Kart and F-Zero, but to be honest I fell the 'Cube needs a solid, beefy racer. PS2 has GT, Xbox has Forza and PGR, but the 'Cube has...well, nothing really.

'Tis a shame. Time after time I see lame, pathetic races like World Racing grace upon the 'Cube, and I long for an exclusive racing series that doesn't involve an Italian in a Red Cap and squillions of weapons.

I don't think Ninty would do something like that though, as they're more into innovation. Hopefully Burnout 3 will hit the 'Cube, but we need our own GT in my opinion.
Wed 20/10/04 at 20:59
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
What it really lacks is shelf space and increased 3rd party support (that bring GOOD games).

Some nice RPGs would be nice too...
Wed 20/10/04 at 21:00
Regular
Surely Ridge Racer is half decent...I wouldn't actually know for having more racers on my Xbox than Silverstone...
Wed 20/10/04 at 21:00
Regular
Hopefully Square will sort out the RPGs.

And third-party support? Well, let's not get too hopeful.

We need a GT though :(
Wed 20/10/04 at 21:07
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Surely Ridge Racer is half decent...I wouldn't actually know for
> having more racers on my Xbox than Silverstone...

R:Racing?

That is woeful :(
Wed 20/10/04 at 21:12
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Apple Crumble wrote:
> Hopefully Square will sort out the RPGs.
>
> And third-party support? Well, let's not get too hopeful.
>
> We need a GT though :(

Hmmm.... Squaresoft needs to get its ass in gear. Crystal Chronicles was not all it was meant to be, and we need some decent solid RPG action, I'd even be happy with a compilation pack of Final Fantasy 7-9 and maybe 10 or 11, although I'd prefer remakes,a dn some new games in the series would be nice.

Some Ogre Battle stuff from the Enix side would be great too. Ogre Battle Tactics: The Knight of Lodis was a great strat rpg game (better than Final Fantasy Tactics anyday IMHO) that even on GBA wasn't released here...
Wed 20/10/04 at 21:35
Regular
Well duh.
Wed 20/10/04 at 21:41
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Rickoss wrote:
> Well duh.

To me or the topic :P
Wed 20/10/04 at 22:12
Regular
If I wanted a top of the range realistic racer I wouldn't have got a Cube. Gamecube cover futuristic racers, water racers, bike racing games and fun racers...

And that does me just fine.
Wed 20/10/04 at 22:22
Regular
I don't need boring Gran Turismo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.