GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who wants Pefect Dark Zero then?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Perfect Dark Zero'.
Sun 31/07/05 at 17:33
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
[URL]URL removed[/URL]
Sat 06/08/05 at 03:53
Regular
After all that time they spent re-doing Conker, they ended up cutting a few bits out and they lots all the classic 4 player multiplayers.
Yes, I know that the Live one is a lot more advanced but it'll never replace 4 players games of the beach or dinosaur hunting...

Or am I wrong?
Did they keep a 4 player mode with the classic multiplayer games?

Either way, the last genuinely groundbreaking game that Rare made was the original Conker. They're still find their feet after that changeover...

On the brightside it means they're completely overwriting the stupid Gameboy Color Version's story...
Fri 05/08/05 at 15:16
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
New-School in what way?

GBTG wasn't brilliant but it was fairly well polished.

Also, Conker was good (the LIVE side, anyway).

I believe Rare were bought primarily for this generation. They've always made great games when left to their own devices, and Microsoft really do have no reason to interfere all that much.

I wouldn't be too suprised if PD0 came a little late in around Dec time, but I wouldn't worry about the direction of it. The LIVE play should be excellent, the single player should be good and aside from the grpahics (which you know will be amazing) that's all that matters.

So, what do you mean by New-School Rare? What are you worried will go wrong?
Fri 05/08/05 at 14:11
Regular
Game wrote:
> but it's nice to see that Rare aren't just making a
> prettier PD with a bit of LIVE play.

I wish they were.

I fear that my favourite N64 game is gonna be turned into another New-Skool-Rare crapfest.
Fri 05/08/05 at 14:04
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Please don't link to our competitors' sites. The title of the thread surely speaks for itself, without the need to put in the link.
Fri 05/08/05 at 13:56
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I'll get it.

I genuinely think it has the potential to be one of the best games of next generation. Why?

Think about it.

It's pre-Perfect Dark so you won't have any of that Skedar crap in the story that tainted the storyline of the PD. Granted, PD wasn't a bad game, but the story could have been better. With the introduction of Datadyne, and the birth/earlier days of the Carrington Institute it'll be more 'down to earth'.

The LIVE play should be exceptional. Even if there's only 32 players on LIVE and not the supposed 50+ it'll still be amazing. If they incorporate a vague kind of squad play that could work, especially for the online TDM games, etc.

Also, for LIVE you may be able to put your face on a character and take them online. So instead of running about as a random or having 32 Joanna Darks on the map, you can have you. As in you, you.

Graphically the game looked okay in stills at E3, but I wouldn't take this as any kind of idea of what the game will be like in the retail build. The last 4-6 months of game development time consists primarily of polishing and tweaking so you can expect a better frame-rate and probably some nicer character models.

Also, the gameplay extras like the roll move and the 3rd person camera (at times) add some tactical play to the game. I dont imagine the game will be quite as team/tactics orientated as Gears of War or even Rainbow 4, but it's nice to see that Rare aren't just making a prettier PD with a bit of LIVE play.

Ultimately, aside from the LIVE play, it's the story that has to be good. If it is, then people will buy the next one.. if it isn't and they only want the game for LIVE, they don't need to. I only hope that beyond all the fancy HD-Era talk, impressive graphics and bold LIVE claims that within the data on the PD0 DVD there is a stellar single-player experience.

It'll be all too easy to make 'primarily for LIVE play' games for the 360. God save the Single-Player!
Sun 31/07/05 at 22:35
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
indeed!!
Sun 31/07/05 at 22:33
Regular
"Divine Davine"
That is such a reliable source. Thanks.
Sun 31/07/05 at 21:13
Regular
Definitely.
Sun 31/07/05 at 17:42
Regular
"Xbox 360 Rules"
I'm getting it
Sun 31/07/05 at 17:37
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
5th of August, eh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.