GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why don't other companies make games with extremly good graphics for the GBA?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/06/01 at 20:41
Regular
Tony Hawks 2 on the game boy Advance has brillant graphics so why can't other companies make games which also put the graphics to the limit?
Sat 09/06/01 at 15:13
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Actually, I'm sure all games will look as good as TH:PS soon. The problem is that there is limitted time between getting dev kits and launching the console. So either you start work on a master piece, but release it after launch (esp. true if you have a small dev team!), OR you make a game that hasn't got the best graphics ever, but will give you some sales.

Sonic
Wed 06/06/01 at 19:39
Regular
"Whatever!"
Earthworm Jim looks extremley good, allbeit with some very average ratings!! Look at Rayman Advance - In some places it looks even better than the PSOne version!!
THPS2 is by far the best looking and I cant wait for it!! Not long to wait now!!
Tue 05/06/01 at 18:20
The makers of THPS2 are a well-funded company and have the teams and the resources to make games with outstanding graphics. It's basically whoever makes most effort in making their games and whoever has the best equipment and resources makes the best games.

However, there are loads of games on GBA with brilliant graphics apart from THPS2.
I mean, take a look at Konami Krazy Racers. That's got pretty good graphics. And GT Championship Racing.

Some games don't look as though they have very good graphics in magazines, but once you see them in action and see the frame rate, they're actually quite good.
Sun 03/06/01 at 20:41
Regular
""
Tony Hawks 2 on the game boy Advance has brillant graphics so why can't other companies make games which also put the graphics to the limit?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.