GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Devils Rejects"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/07/05 at 16:01
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I know absolutle nothing about this except what I saw in the trailer and that looked balls. The narrator said it himself when he said something like "no film is more gruesome!!"
Whatever happened to good old horror where you didn't need to see pickled heads in jars or disembowlled intestines, where psychological baiting, quick scene flashes and superb scores built everything up. Now its all GORE GORE GORE and I'm sick of it. You never saw one stab in Psycho yet it was a hundred times better that most of the horro pap around now. Hitchcock said it best when he declared that the best thing to do was play on the viewers imagination.
Thu 28/07/05 at 22:11
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> Apparently some of the characters are survivors/reappearances from
> House of 10,000 Corpses (Zombie's 1st film, haven't seen it though)

Texas Chainsaw Masascre for the MTV generation. Lovely shot of a cop with a gun to his head and "Over the rainbow" playing over the tops, while the camera pans away, then one of the best sound effects I've heard as a richochet plumes behind him when the trigger is pulled.

The rest sucks ass, apart from Captain spalding who's genuinely creepy.

Top mark for Zombie *not* filling the soundtrack with his music, and sticking to the 70's explotiation theme too.
Thu 28/07/05 at 21:58
Regular
"cachoo"
RoJ wrote:
> quick scene flashes

That works great on me. Makes it all feel disturbing. Same sorta camera work as Requiem For A Dream too and that Rubber Johnny thing.

The posters you see around of this film do look sick. Shan't be watching it at the cinema, that's for sure.
Thu 28/07/05 at 20:23
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Hm, that trailer looks pretty good actually. TV one was pretty misleading and your info tells me it isn't some heavy handed attempt at a horror.
Thu 28/07/05 at 19:43
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's the 2nd film from Rob Zombie (of White Zombie), pyschological horror isn't his thing - it's more of a nod to 70s exploitation horror, hence the feel and look of the trailer.

Awesome, it has Danny Trejo in and the wonky head bloke from Hill Have Eyes & Cuckoo's Nest.
Check trailer 2 for some seriously grimy revenge horror action with William Forsythe [URL]http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/the_devils_rejects/trailer_2/[/URL]

Apparently some of the characters are survivors/reappearances from House of 10,000 Corpses (Zombie's 1st film, haven't seen it though)
Thu 28/07/05 at 19:36
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I like abit of gore now and again, cause it feels like the only certificate they give to films in cinema these days is 12A.
Thu 28/07/05 at 17:57
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yeah, even though there was no sightings of crazed psychopaths, blood or corpses I thought it was great, liked how the story was built up and so forth, you feel the fear of the students position. Even the last part with the guy in the corner, excellent. Haven't seen the sequel though.
Thu 28/07/05 at 17:46
Regular
"serenity now!"
Yeah, I liked Blair Witch too. Much more effective than your normal horror/thriller.
Thu 28/07/05 at 16:30
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Haven't seen it. I quite like Blair Witch even though it's tossed, I'd take it over crap like The Exorcist which was more comedy than horror.
Thu 28/07/05 at 16:25
Regular
"serenity now!"
It's so much harder to actually play on the audience's fears psychologically, so crappy directors just throw blood around and make loud noises to make you jump.

I actually thought Open Water did the psychological tension thing pretty well, but I'm aware that "balls" is the general verdict one that one too.
Thu 28/07/05 at 16:01
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I know absolutle nothing about this except what I saw in the trailer and that looked balls. The narrator said it himself when he said something like "no film is more gruesome!!"
Whatever happened to good old horror where you didn't need to see pickled heads in jars or disembowlled intestines, where psychological baiting, quick scene flashes and superb scores built everything up. Now its all GORE GORE GORE and I'm sick of it. You never saw one stab in Psycho yet it was a hundred times better that most of the horro pap around now. Hitchcock said it best when he declared that the best thing to do was play on the viewers imagination.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.