GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm posting from my psp!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/07/05 at 17:34
Regular
The psp web browser was released today in Japan. It works a treat, even on my Canadian model.
Sun 31/07/05 at 17:58
Regular
"lets go back"
I initially thought this sounded a bit of a rubbish idea. For a start I dont have a wireless set up at home, and even if I did, I'd just use my PC. But then I thought about being out and about. There are hotspots at uni for example so it could be useful there, and being able to directly download to the PSP rather then having to transfere things from a PC would save time and effort I suppose. So thats one more tick on the list of reasons why I might get a PSP, I'm still undecided and will probably wait a few months after release to make my mind up. Its looking promissing though.
Sun 31/07/05 at 14:07
Regular
"~DPG~"
Bullett wrote:
> whoo, i'm posting from my psp now :D
>
> It's jap firmware but works perfectly - and the loss of emulators
> doesn't bother me since i have a pc and GP32 for that! love the
> custom wallpapers too

Does it take up loads of batery power ?
Sun 31/07/05 at 01:09
Regular
"Yes you are"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Someone explain the point of this to me?

Why would you want to run Linux on a game console?

Why have a 2Mb broadband connection when 1Mb is sufficient for most home use?

Why have a video mobile when none of your friends or relatives have?

Surely the answer to these questions, and many more, is simply... "because I can"? :-)
Fri 29/07/05 at 08:09
Regular
It works from any Wireless location, so if there's a hotspot in town or whatever, you can connect there.

I have encountered a few problems, where the PSP just gives up trying to load big sites - the 'Not Enough Memory' thing comes up a lot, meaning I have to clear my cache/cookies/history a lot.

Still, it's new, there's lots of room for improvement - it's just damn impressive that it works as well as it currently does.

(I'm posting from my PC this time :P )
Thu 28/07/05 at 23:10
Regular

this was what i wondered when i asked 'where from?'
why not post from your pc? does it work on the train?
Thu 28/07/05 at 19:21
Regular
"BOO YA!"
im posting from my psp too. ive sat all day on it, its like when i just got the internet. im loving it. i have got wireless all around my house etc but its not the same carrying the pc around as carrying my psp , its a hell of a lot better. even the keyboard on this seems like normal to me now, im getting wizzy at it , tho still not as fast as typing * just to prove it, this post has taken me nearly 4 mins to write*

oh and wats rubbish about it, well you cant go on any music sites etc so its a sad and silent experience, oh well best pump up the sterio
Thu 28/07/05 at 19:13
"period drama"
I suppose we'll have to see how popular it is when the PSP goes world-wide in September. Same with the UMD movies I suppose - it's a good idea, but unless PSP mania sets in proper, only the biggest companies will risk releasing DVD and UMD versions of their films.
Thu 28/07/05 at 19:04
Regular
"Mozzy"
Well, I heard that any sites requiring Flash wont work...which sukcs because most 'professional' sites have Flash nowdays.

But im sure in the next Update Sony will add Flash support.

I think we'll start to see some PSP-friendly sites now that the browser has been released.
Thu 28/07/05 at 18:47
"period drama"
Mozzy wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
>
> Well, it's no actually that hard to understand. By using the internet
> on your PSP you can download trailers, music samples etc directly to
> your PSP without having to connect it to the PC.

Didn't think of the music thing, that's pretty funky.
What's the compatability like with web-pages on the brower anyone? Or is it running off IE basics or what?

Bonus ... calm down. Daddy moderator? Preacher? wtf?
Thu 28/07/05 at 17:01
Regular
"Mozzy"

Well, it's no actually that hard to understand. By using the internet on your PSP you can download trailers, music samples etc directly to your PSP without having to connect it to the PC.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.