GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Newbies: Please Read"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/06/01 at 19:23
Regular
This is for those newer newbies.

Don't post silly posts, especially ones about how bad regulars are. Here's why:

1. It gives the regulars and notables ammunition to pick on you and newbies in general.
2. It annoys Tony, and that is something you don't want to do, as you could get chucked off.
3. Regulars aren't that bad, in fact, they are good people once you get to know them.
4. It makes newbies look bad.
5. And, it is just silly.

This is just to help out those newbies who don't know what these forums are all about.

Oh! And one more bit of advice. Make sure you read the rules on the Ukdiscussions home page. They will help you out a lot.
Mon 04/06/01 at 19:55
Regular
No, there's nothing wrong with regulars, but there's nothing wrong with newbies either. Maybe we sometimes duplicate what people have already said, but if you read the posts, they are sometimes better than what the regulars do.

If there's one thing that annoys me, it's a regular abusing a newbie without reading what they have to say first.

Then again, if I ever (heaven forbid) become a regular, I expect I'll think just the same thing about the newbies!
Mon 04/06/01 at 11:19
so hang on a minute - how do you suggest that newer newbies get up to regular status?
Sun 03/06/01 at 23:47
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
DanDaGr8 wrote:
> talk to tony
who you think gave him the idea for the FOG brige...
> i think it was me

How do you think gave him the code for the FOG bridge and proved him hopelessly wrong?

I think it was me.
Sun 03/06/01 at 21:46
Regular
"pies r good"
seriously??
then you talk to him and use your powers of persuasion to get a new rank cuz I am hopeless at suggesting things.
OK?
Sun 03/06/01 at 21:42
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
talk to tony
who you think gave him the idea for the FOG brige... i think it was me
Sun 03/06/01 at 21:38
Regular
"pies r good"
I suppose theres not much point in sayin all of this cuz it wont happen unless our dreams come true and another rank between newbie and regular is introduced.
By the way, go to www.grandtheftauto3.com NOW!
Sun 03/06/01 at 21:27
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
andirfcs wrote:
> Nope, thats too high. I am not a "new newbie" but I have
> only arond 60 posts in 99 days so I think it should be only around
> 50 - 100 posts but instead of how many words there are in them, you
> would have to be a member for at least 100 days. I vote the new rank
> should be called "the Centurions" ( because they've been a
> member for 100 days). What do you think??

not a 100days cuz ive only been here 43 and im almost a regular (under 2000 words to go) :)
maybe under 100 replys then your a newbie and over your a regular newbie (change name)
Sun 03/06/01 at 21:18
Regular
"pies r good"
Nope, thats too high. I am not a "new newbie" but I have only arond 60 posts in 99 days so I think it should be only around 50 - 100 posts but instead of how many words there are in them, you would have to be a member for at least 100 days. I vote the new rank should be called "the Centurions" ( because they've been a member for 100 days). What do you think??
Sun 03/06/01 at 21:18
Good post SG, should clear things up, but you left these out:SPAG and NO NETSPEAK!!! These are very important.

Maybe Tony could create a new rank such as "Idiot" or "loser" for people like cheatguru (before he changed) and Dan3443-It could be in a horrible greeny-brown colour, and if you have the right hardware it would create a horrible stench as well. In this way respectable posters could know which topics to avoid like a rotting sock.
Sun 03/06/01 at 21:07
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
SG did you used to be Krillin
i agree with the newer newbies are giving the rest of us a bad name i think Tony should make a new rank(?) between newbie and regular (eg. 250 replys and 4000words)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.