GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pimp my Ride UK"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/07/05 at 13:57
Regular
No.

No no no no no.

I watched this last night and me and my brother was just laughing at how crap it was.

Firstly, the stuff PMR do to cars doesn't work over here. In America, it sort of does, because they're always over the top and they all usually have goodish cars, which don't look out of place on the road.

Here, we have hatchbacks. Last nights was a Fiat Panda and the finished product was just god awful. The owner will not only look like a total twunt driving it, it also sticks out like a sore box shaped thumb.

The worst part however, is Tim Westwood presenting it. For the uninformed, our pal Westwood is a hip hop DJ on Radio One. His actions on screen just make him look like a spaz, he flails his arms and ducks around, using "gangsta" language. He just wants to be a black person, he wants to be like Xzibit (the guy who presents the original PMR).

Westwood is worthy of being on the recieving end of a bullet.

So - Pimp My Ride UK = Rubbish.
Tue 26/07/05 at 13:41
Regular
Bullett wrote:
> 1. Half the cars on the shows would NEVER pass an MOT test prior to
> the modding. They're just so awful - holes in the floor, no bumpers =
> exposed framework, rust everywhere, lights dead etc...

Yeah...

Americans don't have to worry though, they don't have an MOT test over there. They can just pick up a car and drive it, regardless of it's condition.
Tue 26/07/05 at 11:53
Regular
Westwood's an idiot, he's no more an ambassador for UK Hip Hop than Britney Spears is an ambassador for Happy Hardcore. I loved it when KRS-1 went on his Radio 1 show and basically said "Look Westwood, nobody on the UK streets is feeling you. You act like people like you, but everyone thinks you're a joke, sort it out!"
Tue 26/07/05 at 11:14
Regular
It's all got to be fake anyway - US one included.

1. Half the cars on the shows would NEVER pass an MOT test prior to the modding. They're just so awful - holes in the floor, no bumpers = exposed framework, rust everywhere, lights dead etc...

2. The 'lucky people' having their cars pimped just seem so...fake. From the intro clip of them and their skip-on-wheels to the unveiling, they just have this 'acted' vibe about them, like the whole thing has been scripted.

3. Don't know what the Insurance scene is like in the US, but these young UK drivers getting all this top equipment in/on their cars just don't seem bothered that their premium is going to shoot up faster than a crackhead on free-smack-day.

Then there are loads of little things which just seem to suggest it's all a farce.

I hate the UK one. Westwood, while being a great DJ and 'ambassador' for UK Hip Hop, is just screaming for a kicking in this show. He may as well have 'WIGGA' tattooed on his forehead :|

The US version isn't too bad though, and can be quite funny at times.
Tue 26/07/05 at 11:02
Regular
Chipseh wrote:
> This screams, "I'm an illegal immigrant that loves the UK Hip
> Hop scene".

Hahaha.
Tue 26/07/05 at 00:08
Regular
"Catch it!"
Ha westwood hit his head on it last week he tierd to looked hard turned round a smacked his head on something Wood.
Mon 25/07/05 at 23:11
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Mess wrote:
> Westwood has major respect from me. He's been in hip-hop since the
> beginning and he's down with Dre. What more could you want from him?
> The fact that he's white doesn't mean he can't chat - he is basically
> the foundation of the British hip-hopo scene.
>
> The cars have a much better job done on them as well. People like
> Ish from the USA version were blatently caught crossing the border
> illegally and forced to sit in front of a sewing machine or face
> deportation. The British engineers seem to be much more
> professional.

This screams, "I'm an illegal immigrant that loves the UK Hip Hop scene".
Mon 25/07/05 at 23:08
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Oriental Rib wrote:
> It should've been called Chav Me Motor.

'Chav My Ride' was on VH1.

Oh and Mess...

...erm...

...top stuff?
Mon 25/07/05 at 22:51
Regular
Mon 25/07/05 at 22:45
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Westwood has major respect from me. He's been in hip-hop since the beginning and he's down with Dre. What more could you want from him? The fact that he's white doesn't mean he can't chat - he is basically the foundation of the British hip-hopo scene.

The cars have a much better job done on them as well. People like Ish from the USA version were blatently caught crossing the border illegally and forced to sit in front of a sewing machine or face deportation. The British engineers seem to be much more professional.
Mon 25/07/05 at 22:44
Regular
Chipseh wrote:
> (apart from the three-seats in
> the Panda. Notice how the guy had three friends, and they all wanted
> to go on a road trip? How the feck are 4 blokes going to fit into a
> three-seat car? Genius....)

Hahaha yeah, I noticed that, but forgot to mention it.

You could see on the owners face when he looked inside the car. He bit his lip and said he liked it, knowing that one person will miss out on the Europe trip.

Westwood is a total twunt, full stop. He speeaks "gangsta", but uses an English accent and broad vocab. He just screams skinny white boy who wants to be black.

The original show isn't that bad, mainly because a lot of the Americans have nice cars. I suppose it only really appeals to people who have an interest in cars, but the UK version is just rubbish.

Excessively modified cars just don't work in this country, being "pimped" (rubbish word for the subject it's being applied to) will just make you look like an idioi on the road.

+ Most of the gear in that Panda will get nicked.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.