GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Read."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/07/00 at 20:43
Regular
The Simple facts are that Sega HAVE got their act together and are making a strong comeback as we speak. Already, only 3 months since their revolutionary cost cutting re-structuring, Sega have indeed started doing what we all like to do best - make money. It seems that the online gaming franchise, that is now truly in Sega's hands, has helped Sega to accomplish, what can only be described as, a Miracle. The Truth is the Dreamcast was always going to face firm competition from the Giant 'entertainment' kings' Sony, but it seems that the world is awakening to the ever revealing truth that the Dreamcast is a better console than the Playstation2 - after all, gamers want originality - not sequels and the latest Sony offering seems nothing more than a sequel that doesn't live up to expectations. If you ask me, Sony and EASports were meant for each other.
Dreamcast has online gaming now, and it is a great success in the UK due to the wonder that is ChuChu Rocket - an ingeniously addictive game from the best - Sonic Team. While Sony and nintendo realise that Online is the way to go it seems doubtful that you'd be able to play online with these machines for a long way off. The games speak for themselves and who knows, maybe now that Sega are making money they might be tempted to advertise GAMING FOOTAGE before this Christmas as the graphics alone would help sell the games and consoles by the thousands. And it's not just the amazing graphics that DC titles have, they are actually great fun to play and are hugely ORIGINAL - something that Sony won't ever attempt to do - The PS2's supposed line-up is contains nothing but sequels: Wipeout Fusion, GT2000, Knock out Kings 2001, Fifa PS2, Ridge Racer 5 etc.. the list goes on...
The facts remain that Sega's console is a next generation machine and one which, although doesn't boast the technical prowess of the PS2, is far easier to program for and does have BETTER graphics than Sony's black box.
It seems the only thing that the Playstation2 actually posses that the DC does not is the DVD capability, which, according to those who have used it , seems of an incredibly poor standard.
Christmas will be here soon and if things turn out in favour of the game playing public - i.e. those who want good games, then the Dreamcast will be all-powerful. It should be, and Sega have broken through, and will eventually triumph if there is any justice left in society.
Thu 06/07/00 at 20:56
Actually read it.
Wed 05/07/00 at 20:43
The Simple facts are that Sega HAVE got their act together and are making a strong comeback as we speak. Already, only 3 months since their revolutionary cost cutting re-structuring, Sega have indeed started doing what we all like to do best - make money. It seems that the online gaming franchise, that is now truly in Sega's hands, has helped Sega to accomplish, what can only be described as, a Miracle. The Truth is the Dreamcast was always going to face firm competition from the Giant 'entertainment' kings' Sony, but it seems that the world is awakening to the ever revealing truth that the Dreamcast is a better console than the Playstation2 - after all, gamers want originality - not sequels and the latest Sony offering seems nothing more than a sequel that doesn't live up to expectations. If you ask me, Sony and EASports were meant for each other.
Dreamcast has online gaming now, and it is a great success in the UK due to the wonder that is ChuChu Rocket - an ingeniously addictive game from the best - Sonic Team. While Sony and nintendo realise that Online is the way to go it seems doubtful that you'd be able to play online with these machines for a long way off. The games speak for themselves and who knows, maybe now that Sega are making money they might be tempted to advertise GAMING FOOTAGE before this Christmas as the graphics alone would help sell the games and consoles by the thousands. And it's not just the amazing graphics that DC titles have, they are actually great fun to play and are hugely ORIGINAL - something that Sony won't ever attempt to do - The PS2's supposed line-up is contains nothing but sequels: Wipeout Fusion, GT2000, Knock out Kings 2001, Fifa PS2, Ridge Racer 5 etc.. the list goes on...
The facts remain that Sega's console is a next generation machine and one which, although doesn't boast the technical prowess of the PS2, is far easier to program for and does have BETTER graphics than Sony's black box.
It seems the only thing that the Playstation2 actually posses that the DC does not is the DVD capability, which, according to those who have used it , seems of an incredibly poor standard.
Christmas will be here soon and if things turn out in favour of the game playing public - i.e. those who want good games, then the Dreamcast will be all-powerful. It should be, and Sega have broken through, and will eventually triumph if there is any justice left in society.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.