GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Woes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/07/05 at 15:28
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I installed Gangsters: Organized Crime and it won't work. Start it up with the CD in and it says "unable to initialise CD Player, make sure no other application is using it."
Eh? Tried a reinstall, didn't work. Doesn't work without the CD either. If it isn't the game the only thing I can think of is my PC crashed last week, had to reinstall XP, would it be some driver problem?
If you can help then thanks.
Mon 25/07/05 at 23:15
Regular
"Not a Jew"
It's actually not too bad, just a lot of micromanagement needing a lot of time to play it.
Mon 25/07/05 at 19:42
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Irregular Sausage wrote:
> It's not

Well, thats gothic
Sun 24/07/05 at 16:56
"Goodbye Cruel World"
It's not
Sun 24/07/05 at 16:17
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yeah, just got one there now. It worked. Which is good. Hope the damn game is worth it. Thanks for your help.
Sun 24/07/05 at 16:16
Regular
"Captain to you."
Have you used all patches and such? if it still doesn't work i'd try a crack.
Sun 24/07/05 at 16:09
Regular
"Not a Jew"
CD is scratch-free, I have tried the compatibility but it didn't work either.
:(
Any other ideas?
Sun 24/07/05 at 15:52
Regular
"Captain to you."
Try right clicking on the Exe of the game and setting the compatability mode to windows 2000.

Is the CD damaged or scratched?
Sun 24/07/05 at 15:28
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I installed Gangsters: Organized Crime and it won't work. Start it up with the CD in and it says "unable to initialise CD Player, make sure no other application is using it."
Eh? Tried a reinstall, didn't work. Doesn't work without the CD either. If it isn't the game the only thing I can think of is my PC crashed last week, had to reinstall XP, would it be some driver problem?
If you can help then thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.