GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fire Red/Leaf Green Sales Hit the Roof!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pokemon Leaf Green/ Fire Red'.
Fri 22/10/04 at 23:12
Regular
After just 21 days in the UK, FR/LG have already sold over 1 million copies. In Japan they have sold over 2.2 million since being released and are topping multi-format games in the charts.

And all they did was turn one of the best RPGs of all time into a colour version with better graphics and more features.

Brilliant, huh :)
Sun 24/10/04 at 12:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> But essentially... it is the old games re-packaged.

I'd go for 90% old repackaged and spruced up, 10% new.
Sun 24/10/04 at 10:10
Regular
But essentially... it is the old games re-packaged.

With a nice new wireless link thingy.
Sun 24/10/04 at 04:00
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Plus they look slightly better than the Ruby/Sapphire games, have all the features and then more some, for instance the new recap feature which shows you the last major events you had when you start the game.
Sat 23/10/04 at 23:09
"The Will of D."
Marcini wrote:
> is it just red and blue repackaged?

Nope, it's been super charged, once you beat the elite four for the first time you can visit up to 9 new islands and beat team rocket for the last time in an all new story plot, and if you thought the elite four would be exactly the same once you retried it? Think again, they've got some of the newer pokemon from Ruby and Sapphire and their levels have been upgraded by at least 10-5 levels each.
Sat 23/10/04 at 13:52
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Marcini wrote:
> is it just red and blue repackaged?

Yes. And no.
Sat 23/10/04 at 08:55
Regular
Who needs mega Gamecube sales when you have Pokemon :D
Sat 23/10/04 at 00:13
Regular
"0228"
Pretty much, yes.
Sat 23/10/04 at 00:08
Regular
"Bow to me!"
is it just red and blue repackaged?
Fri 22/10/04 at 23:12
Regular
After just 21 days in the UK, FR/LG have already sold over 1 million copies. In Japan they have sold over 2.2 million since being released and are topping multi-format games in the charts.

And all they did was turn one of the best RPGs of all time into a colour version with better graphics and more features.

Brilliant, huh :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.