GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is next?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/06/01 at 15:46
Regular
So what's next? The GameCube? The X-Box? Has anyone ever thought that consoles will eventually turn into computers! They're becoming so powerful and are being based on previous windows software (dreamcast - Win CE) that one day you'll be able to use your console as a word processer! They say they never will because a console is purely for gaming but I think different - they will eventually become just as powerful! So what's is the point of them? We use them because people like good clean - no crashing - systems to play their games/DVD's ! I would be happy to find out what people think about what's next!
Sun 03/06/01 at 15:52
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
X-Box will turn into a PC.
Other console won't. Not for another few years anyway. Well at least 10 years.
Sun 03/06/01 at 15:51
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
"consoles will eventually turn in to computers"...as opposed to the toasters they are at the moment. Well, the ps2 anyway.

Thinking about this, my 286 8 years ago had a word processor on it, if the manufacturers wanted one in there it wouldn't be hard. PCs and consoles are becoming more and more similar, but there are lots of gaming "purists" who resist the change, so some companies may be put off.
Sun 03/06/01 at 15:46
So what's next? The GameCube? The X-Box? Has anyone ever thought that consoles will eventually turn into computers! They're becoming so powerful and are being based on previous windows software (dreamcast - Win CE) that one day you'll be able to use your console as a word processer! They say they never will because a console is purely for gaming but I think different - they will eventually become just as powerful! So what's is the point of them? We use them because people like good clean - no crashing - systems to play their games/DVD's ! I would be happy to find out what people think about what's next!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.