GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"About Edgy. Something's wrong. Seriously."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/06/01 at 15:11
Regular
Something is very wrong with Edgy.

I was talking to him on MSN with the E-mail address [email protected]. This is the address he said he got after someone hacked his account.

As we were chatting, he said he was a moderator of a site. When I asked him which, he said he was moderator of "this site". I thought he meant SR, so I said, "You work at SR?". He then said he didn't know what SR or Special Reserve was, and denied all knowledge of UKdiscussions.com.

I pressed him as to which site he was talking about, and he went quiet. After a while, he said "I'm gay" and then MSN said he was having network problems. Now, he's offline.

I think this is a hacker or something, as "I'm gay" isn't just something you come out with.

Does anyone know anything about this?
Sun 03/06/01 at 18:49
Well, we could always set up a good old fashioned lynch mbob and go around burning suspected hackers. It may not be the best soloution but it's gotta be fun, right?

Vote Gronti, Simple soloutions that are more bad than good.
Sun 03/06/01 at 18:22
Regular
"You've upset me"
MUAH HA HA HA HA
Sun 03/06/01 at 18:21
Regular
"Excommunicated"
See if he comes on here can we eat him or just beat him up, whatever one suites you all!

I am going to PASS Physics

Got to have confidence folks!
Sun 03/06/01 at 18:20
Regular
"You've upset me"
VenomByte wrote:
> Yep, you can change the one stored in your cache. A lot of good
> that'll do you.

Nope, I can change the online one
Sun 03/06/01 at 18:13
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Yep, you can change the one stored in your cache. A lot of good that'll do you.
Sun 03/06/01 at 18:11
Regular
"You've upset me"
Zeldapro wrote:
> If he were able to hack into gad and stuff would he be able to
> change the winners list

That's easy to do! I've already done that... but not published it or anything... honest... :-)

Seriously though, it is possible to change it online. I'm not sure about publishing it seeing as I've never tried that!
Sun 03/06/01 at 18:09
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I doubt he can. Special reserve has been on the net for quite some time now, and I would find it hard to believe that no competent hacker has ever tried to break in before now, which to me suggests the site is probably safe if it hasn't had any previous security breaches.
Sun 03/06/01 at 18:07
TONY!! I have found you - stop running away. About the GBA pre-order - I pre-ordered a GBA in the knowledge, with the promise, that I'd get a free mains adaptor - as it said, I laid my £15.00 on the SR table, now I fond that I have to pay £73.99 more which is ok, but no mention of my Mains adaptor. hmm - I hope the carry case hasn't replaced this. If it has I want my money back.
Sun 03/06/01 at 17:41
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
If he were able to hack into gad and stuff would he be able to change the winners list or rules and regulations and stufF!
Sun 03/06/01 at 17:38
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
turbonutter wrote:
> I kinda, mentioned your daily posting habits on UKdiscussions. Is that OK? Anyway, he on now, what shall I do?

Presumably the best thing to do is ignore him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.