GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"To Meka"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/07/05 at 15:32
Regular
"tokyo police club"
My mate said he saw Shoot the Writers the other day. And he hated it.

He picked on one particular one where surgeons were 'losing' a patient... by him falling off the bed.

So yeah, just to let you know.
Tue 19/07/05 at 14:37
Regular
I saw one of the first episodes, not sure if any of yours were on it though.

While some sketches did raise a smile, most were let down by pisspoor execution.
Tue 19/07/05 at 13:59
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I actually found quite a lot of it funny, but then I laugh at things most people don't and vice-versa.

I found "The bananas are in!!" highly amusing much to the missus' annoyance - she was trying to sleep at the time.
Tue 19/07/05 at 13:41
Regular
"not dead"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> They actually record laughter tracks especially for each show?

Yep. Though they'll do the whole series over two days, so I get to watch 5 episodes. But at least it'll be the five in my half of the semi-final, I figure...

Anyway, as I'm in the second lot of screenings, I guess my sketches will be on between weeks six and ten, so probably October. Though I'm still guessing.

I'm not wearing my Jedi kit, instead I chose a freebie T-Shirt from Bullet Magazine and a jacket that I didn't realise had bird poo on it. I think it's just over the shouler, so hopefully not visable. At the time of the recording I thought my joke was funny, but now I just cringe thinking about it, and fear everyone will just go blank when they see it. Hopefully mine won't be the first lot they show, so I get to see the reaction to others first.

I could waffle on about this for hours. I know you all think the shows naff, but for me, it's really quite exciting.
Tue 19/07/05 at 13:23
Regular
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Well at the end of this month I get a preview of my episode, complete
> with me introducing my sketches and begging for votes.
>
> I have a feeling that I will look a complete knob, but I've got to
> try, haven't I?

The only pic I've seen of you is that one in Ye Olde SR of you in a Jedi get-up.

Please tell me you'll wear that :D
Tue 19/07/05 at 13:21
Regular
They actually record laughter tracks especially for each show?

I always thought it'd just be a case of buying a tape with a pre recorded tape of people laughing, and then just editing it in for the bits that are supposed to be funny.
Tue 19/07/05 at 12:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
If it leads to more begging on TV, you'll get my vote.
Tue 19/07/05 at 12:16
Regular
"not dead"
Well at the end of this month I get a preview of my episode, complete with me introducing my sketches and begging for votes.

I have a feeling that I will look a complete knob, but I've got to try, haven't I?

Anyway, I hope it comes out alright. I'll let you know when it's due to appear on TV, and beg you all to vote for me.
Tue 19/07/05 at 11:58
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I saw it a couple of weeks ago and thought it was pretty poor.
Mon 18/07/05 at 17:57
Regular
"not dead"
It's funny, but most people thta have seen it have not been impressed by its lame jokes and low budget production.

That episode wasn't one in which my sketches featured, and was from the first series.

I'm supposed to be going to the recording of the laughter track for the second series in a couple of weeks, but I don't think that anything other than the format will have changed. Fingers crossed that the change in format means better sketches, but I can't guarentee anything. Other than that mine are funny. ;o)
Mon 18/07/05 at 17:09
Regular
"Twenty quid."
monkey_man wrote:
> ... Then I turned it off and jumped out a window with a noose round my neck and a
> cyanide capsule in my teeth. Yes, I survived.

Next time make sure:

a) it's not a ground floor window;
b) the other end of the rope is tied to something;
c) the cyanide capsule actually breaks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.