GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problem with Windows Media player, can anyone help???"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/07/05 at 11:36
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Lo all,

Since I installed my Geforce 6800GT, my Windows Media player and . . . well all media players when trying to watch a movie, shows up all real bright and basically all crap light colours. I've tried windows updates, reinstalling media players, Updating the drivers for the cards etc.

Any ideas would be fantastic.

Many thanks.
Fri 22/07/05 at 20:41
Regular
Hey man, I just done what you said and it's worked a treat, nice one mate.
Thu 21/07/05 at 13:36
Regular
Ahhh cool, thanks man.

I emailed leadtek like 4 days ago but they aint replied. . . imbesiles.
Thu 21/07/05 at 05:07
Regular
"8==="
I love it when this sort of stuff happens.

/sarcasm
Thu 21/07/05 at 02:44
Regular
Chippy knows all :)
Thu 21/07/05 at 02:35
Regular
"Captain to you."
Went to watch a video just now and got the problem, so i went looking for how to fix it.

Go to your nvidia control panel -> colour correction -> set the 'for' to 'All 'rather than 'desktop'.

You might have to change your gammar setting down a bit, but then just click apply and it's fixed.
Mon 18/07/05 at 21:03
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Check for an update on the site

Either WMP's not compatible or you may need to either Uninstall the component (not WMP) or check the system requirements.
Sun 17/07/05 at 11:58
Regular
"Captain to you."
Yeah mine does this, i think it's a case of all codecs and stuff need reinstalling, i haven't bothered fixing mine as i don't use windows media player.

I use media player classic, which i have had no problems with.
Sun 17/07/05 at 11:36
Regular
Lo all,

Since I installed my Geforce 6800GT, my Windows Media player and . . . well all media players when trying to watch a movie, shows up all real bright and basically all crap light colours. I've tried windows updates, reinstalling media players, Updating the drivers for the cards etc.

Any ideas would be fantastic.

Many thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.