GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NGC - 100th Issue"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/10/04 at 11:19
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Arrived this morning, and if you've been an ongoing fan of the mag it's worth picking up. Comes with a 2005 calendar (groan, it's October) but generally is very good. Paper Mario 2 reviewed, and Minish Cap reviewed (no score for MC, JAP version). It's good.

But I'm more excited looking at what's coming out next month in their mag. Mario Tennis and Metroid reviews, as well as Rogue Agent, Prince of Persia 2, GTA Advance, full Minish Cap score and...wait for it...verdict on the DS and every one of it's launch titles. That means scores, don't you know.

:^)

Overall I'm enjoying this issue, but hell, next month is the biggie.
Tue 26/10/04 at 15:21
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Cooky wrote:
> I\'m just saying it would make sence to release two issues in
> the last month, being Xmass n all (and technically a \'special\'
> occasion), rather than release two issues in October!

Nah, they take most of December off :)
Tue 26/10/04 at 14:22
Regular
"the burning sky"
Note to self: Dont order games from an unknown online shop when its only 10p dearer at SR. And now i find out: "Dispatched within 10 days". I am very angry, since I ordered it on Sunday, and was hoping to get it some time this week.
Tue 26/10/04 at 14:20
Regular
Geraint is a fantastic writer, I admire his reviews. Especially his one for Conker's Bad Fur Day. He truly hit the nail on the head.
Tue 26/10/04 at 12:13
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
cookie monster wrote:
> Ashman wrote:
> LOTR: The Third Age - 69
>
> Ah, ****.

Strangely they also said some great things about it. It has an "unrivalled atmosphere" and good fighting/stat-building. They also say there's at least 20 hours play in it, and it looks like true LOTR fans will see past it's repetitive-ness.
Tue 26/10/04 at 11:52
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Tomoose wrote:
> I cant beleive the number of staff/writers they've got through...
>
> Yeah, I thought Weaver and Jud (with the gun fascination) were great,
> although Kittsy's still miles better than anyone else ever to write
> for a games magazine.

Weaver, Geraint and Kittsy are the best of 'em in terms of reviewage.
Tue 26/10/04 at 11:37
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
tphi wrote:
> Yet you aren\'t sure about the thirteen issues a year thing? :P

I know about the 13 issues a yr, twas me who mentioned the XMass issue. I\'m just saying it would make sence to release two issues in the last month, being Xmass n all (and technically a \'special\' occasion), rather than release two issues in October!

:)
Tue 26/10/04 at 09:11
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Cooky wrote:
> Just had a look and it says the Nov issue. Tiss a bit stupid that
> like, two issues in one month. Then don\'t they do it again at Xmass
> by having a Dec issue AND an Xmass issue.

Yeh, they always do the Nov/Dec/Xmas/Jan etc. thing and have thirteen issues a year.

>
> grrr-argh. I\'ve been buying the mag since about Issue 7 I think.

Yet you aren't sure about the thirteen issues a year thing? :P
Mon 25/10/04 at 20:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Tomoose wrote:
> I cant beleive the number of staff/writers they've got through...

Yeah, I thought Weaver and Jud (with the gun fascination) were great, although Kittsy's still miles better than anyone else ever to write for a games magazine.
Mon 25/10/04 at 20:23
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Issue 100!

:S

Didn\'t the last issue only come out about a week or two ago!?!

Just had a look and it says the Nov issue. Tiss a bit stupid that like, two issues in one month. Then don\'t they do it again at Xmass by having a Dec issue AND an Xmass issue.

grrr-argh. I\'ve been buying the mag since about Issue 7 I think. Still got em all to! :D Need to redo my subscription as soon as I get paid, tiss a pain trying to find Nintendo mags in the shops nowadays.

:)
Mon 25/10/04 at 20:21
Regular
"the burning sky"
I cant beleive the number of staff/writers they've got through...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.