GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My experience with market research"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/07/05 at 21:10
Regular
"0228"
So, I arrive home to find an old, fat woman sitting in the living room. I enter, suspiciously, and am introduced to the local councillor (I think). Why was she there though? Because she wanted me to test the amazing new product: Colgate mouth wash, for teens!

I had no real problem with this so I agreed to being a guinea pig, only to be bombarded with a collection of pieces of paper, starting with a basic summary of what the mouth wash is and does. The general marketing babble basically, 'Use Colgate reguarly to make your breath ten times fresher!'

I then had to answer questions about myself,(name, address, etc.) and then some about the product. I was yet to try it though, having only been given the bottle full of orange liquid just a few minutes previously. There were about twenty questions, all of which should be answered with the following phrases: strongly agree, agree, impartial, disagree, strongly disagree.

The questions, if you can really call them that, were totally stupid. Number 1: The mouth wash will make a difference to my lifestyle. I said I disagreed, understandably I feel. This only earnt me a stern look from the councillor causing me to proptly change my answer to agree at which point my answer was filled in on her little green form. What's the point in this research if you're not allowed to be honest?

Other questions were just as bad, e.g. the mouth wash will remove plaque, the mouth wash will clean parts of my mouth that toothpaste doesn't. How the hell should I know? I can't really make much of a guess because I have no knowledge on the subject of mouth wash. At all. At one point I actually broke out laughing. I just couldn't answer them.

Since then, I have had chance to taste the stuff. For an orange liquid it tastes very green. It was also open when I got it and looked like a little bit of the liquid was missing, which scared me. Oh, and it took me only 5 days to finish, it was supposed to take two weeks +.

I will try once more to be negative when asked questions on the return survey but I'm sure I'll be broken down and will submit to saying it's great. I still don't know if it gets to places my toothpaste doesn't though.
Sun 17/07/05 at 01:48
Regular
"You've upset me"
JFH wrote:
For an orange
> liquid it tastes very green.

That's a sentence I don't think I ever expected to hear/see.
Sat 16/07/05 at 22:54
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Chipseh wrote:
> Haha, you think those questions suck? I have to ask worse ones at
> work...
>
> "So, if Mastercard and Visa were real people, which one would
> you more likely be friends with?"
>
> Wonderful.

I say Visa...sounds more like a woman
Sat 16/07/05 at 16:40
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Master Card?
Sat 16/07/05 at 06:42
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Haha, you think those questions suck? I have to ask worse ones at work...

"So, if Mastercard and Visa were real people, which one would you more likely be friends with?"

Wonderful.
Fri 15/07/05 at 21:10
Regular
"0228"
So, I arrive home to find an old, fat woman sitting in the living room. I enter, suspiciously, and am introduced to the local councillor (I think). Why was she there though? Because she wanted me to test the amazing new product: Colgate mouth wash, for teens!

I had no real problem with this so I agreed to being a guinea pig, only to be bombarded with a collection of pieces of paper, starting with a basic summary of what the mouth wash is and does. The general marketing babble basically, 'Use Colgate reguarly to make your breath ten times fresher!'

I then had to answer questions about myself,(name, address, etc.) and then some about the product. I was yet to try it though, having only been given the bottle full of orange liquid just a few minutes previously. There were about twenty questions, all of which should be answered with the following phrases: strongly agree, agree, impartial, disagree, strongly disagree.

The questions, if you can really call them that, were totally stupid. Number 1: The mouth wash will make a difference to my lifestyle. I said I disagreed, understandably I feel. This only earnt me a stern look from the councillor causing me to proptly change my answer to agree at which point my answer was filled in on her little green form. What's the point in this research if you're not allowed to be honest?

Other questions were just as bad, e.g. the mouth wash will remove plaque, the mouth wash will clean parts of my mouth that toothpaste doesn't. How the hell should I know? I can't really make much of a guess because I have no knowledge on the subject of mouth wash. At all. At one point I actually broke out laughing. I just couldn't answer them.

Since then, I have had chance to taste the stuff. For an orange liquid it tastes very green. It was also open when I got it and looked like a little bit of the liquid was missing, which scared me. Oh, and it took me only 5 days to finish, it was supposed to take two weeks +.

I will try once more to be negative when asked questions on the return survey but I'm sure I'll be broken down and will submit to saying it's great. I still don't know if it gets to places my toothpaste doesn't though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.