GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC 29: Sleep"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/07/05 at 19:57
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Different to my other stories...but had to be. Thanks to the topic. Pffft.

-----------------------------------------------

I lay in bed. As normal. Staring at the ceiling, knowing what would come next. Me, closing my eyes, waiting for The Sandman to come and do whatever he does. Sand wouldn’t really work. It would just get in your eyes, and if anything, stop you sleeping.
SHHHHHHHHHHSK
Oh. Oh no. The Yobs. I don’t see how my drive could possibly stand for a skate park, but, the Yobs are never wrong. Pfft.
SHHHHHHHHHHSK
A sudden silence indicates he’s left the ground. I silently wish he’d trip. Then –
SHHHHHHHHHHSK
Oh god. Im never going to get too sleep, I thought. I closed my eyes, flinching slightly as the frightful image of aWar of the Worlds alien screeches in my face. Running, running. I trip. My body, in the real world, spasms in accordance to my dream. I wake. I laid in bed for around 10 minutes, not really counting.
WOOF!
No. Please no. Not Shade! The yobs dog! A bell and his hound. Bell hound? Bell……Hound? What was that again…Oh yeah. Those stupid forum election thingies.
WOOF!
“Oh, look who it is!”
The insanely annoying cackle of the woman next-door. She brings out her dog.
ROW!WOOF!ROW!WOOF!
I roll over. Im never going to get to sleep. Once again I shut my eyes. This time the extremely tedious image of my previous MSN conversations.
I open my weary eyes.
BVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV!
My phone. I sit up, annoyed. This thing’s supposed to be silent!

You can say if you don’t want these financial messages, text STOP to 97778.

Oh, thanks. I thought I did that yester-
BVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV!

Your message: stop it now or I will personally rip out ur f*****g heart with my f*****g teeth : was not received properly. Please send a sensible/appropriate message of complaint to 7456328098877546….

I slump on my bed. I’ve got a paper-round tomorrow morning. I sigh and lay down, resting my head on my pillow. If 13 don’t get there Independent by eight…
I try once more to get back to sleep. The more pleasant image of me snogging my soon to be girlfriend slowly comes in to view in front of my eyes. I breath out happily and relax…

The dream. I am walking to my friend’s birthday party. Curiously, the door is open. I walk straight in. His living room, now long and black, not the normal small and casually decorated, holds a long, seemingly infinite red leather sofa. I hop over the back and park myself between to of my other friends. The birthday boy is standing next to a huge wide screen television. He sits down and presses a few buttons on his remote. 7 beautiful underdressed females strut in, one for each friend. They each choose a boy and sit on their laps. After some extremely pleasant actions, the birthday boy’s mother walks in. Seemingly fine with all this, she takes us (discluding the girls) to a bar/hotel. While everyone else plays Donkey Kong 64, the birthday boy and me go up into the attic bedroom. Using the remote, he calls up the girls again. I wake.

Oh. Waking to the sound of “FunkyWakeUpCall” I depressingly get dressed.

“The day is only a period of waiting time before night” quote me.
Thu 11/08/05 at 21:00
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Why thank you
Wed 10/08/05 at 23:58
Regular
"I like cheese"
Interesting. I could certainly imagine the situation your character was in, and I can relate to it. Wasn't 100% sure where it was going at any point really, although I enjoyed the little 'reality' interludes, such as the mention of these very forums. Couple of grammar and spelling mistakes (eg. too rather than to), and a couple of bits that didn't appear to make sense, but otherwise there's nothing really bad about it at all.

Adventurous idea that worked out well.
Wed 10/08/05 at 10:30
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Hello?!
Sun 07/08/05 at 10:21
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Its got shade in it now...
Mon 18/07/05 at 19:18
Regular
"bot"
Memorandum! wrote:
> :- Entries have to be within 400 words
Sun 17/07/05 at 20:32
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Oh, thanks
Sun 17/07/05 at 18:30
Regular
I declare this entry void, unlucky.
Sat 16/07/05 at 13:35
Regular
"Divine Davine"
MrGlitch wrote:
> However, compared to Mr Grump, everything pales in comparison.
>
> If you're not being sarcastic there.........
>
> But thanks for everything else you wrote.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic :p

No problem, mate, keep up the good work!

And hi Crajo! You irregular sided sausage XD
Sat 16/07/05 at 10:09
"Goodbye Cruel World"
I liked it. Entertaining in an irregular sort of way.
Sat 16/07/05 at 10:03
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
> However, compared to Mr Grump, everything pales in comparison.

If you're not being sarcastic there.........

But thanks for everything else you wrote.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.