GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A few quick Dreamcast questions..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/06/01 at 11:01
Regular
I'm not sure if this counts as a prime topic, but anyhoo...

1. Are VMUs the DC equivelent of Memory Cards? How much do they cost? Do they eat batterys?

2. Would it be possible to pick up a DC for about £60?

3. How much do DC pads cost?

4. Are there any other extras you must have?

Thankyou come again.
Sun 03/06/01 at 11:01
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I'm not sure if this counts as a prime topic, but anyhoo...

1. Are VMUs the DC equivelent of Memory Cards? How much do they cost? Do they eat batterys?

Thankyou come again.
Sun 03/06/01 at 11:03

£20 and no.

yes

official £20

to go on the net it is adviseable you have a keyboard.
Sun 03/06/01 at 12:33
Regular
"Whatever!"
My VMU lasted for about 2 weeks before the batteries ran down!!

Im sure somewhere would sell DC for £60!!

£20

Keyboard is essential for internet. A mouse is advisable for FPS. An arcade stick is a definate if you want to get the best out of beat em ups, Street Fighter Aplha III, Marvel v Capcom 2 especially. I havent bothered with the racing wheel but I have a light gun, only for House of the Dead II and Confidential Mission!!
Sun 03/06/01 at 12:37
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> I'm not sure if this counts as a prime topic, but anyhoo...

It does!

> Are VMUs the DC equivelent of Memory Cards? How much do they cost?

Yes they are, they hold 1mb of space, but you can play games on them too which is great! You can get them for £19.99 in some places, but for less at others.

> Do they eat batterys?

Not literally. But the battery life is 3months, unless you use the VMU a lot - i.e. when it's out of the Pad.

2. Would it be possible to pick up a DC for
> about £60?

Most definitely.

Official SRP is £9.99 as at Sega's homepage.

4. Are there any
> other extras you must have?

I don't often use the Dreamcast keyboard, and the mouse didn't stay for very long, but I'd recommend the fishing rod.

Thankyou come again.

Must I?
Sun 03/06/01 at 12:39
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
You probably have a PC to write that post (If you used your DC then it must have taken ages). If you do have a PC then don't get a DC keyboard. Wasts of money.

VMs don't run down quickly unless you're stupid like me. I left mine on and then I couldn't find it. I found it 4 days later which meant it had been on for 192 hours so as you can guess it ran out of batteries. Damn. It doesn't really matter though as I never used it for minigames and it still functions as a memory card when it is plugged into a pad.
Sun 03/06/01 at 12:41
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
2. Yeah if you bought a 2econd hand one from CEX or something!
Sun 03/06/01 at 12:43
Hmm, you can get many dreamcast bundles. SR do one with 6 games for £140 and I'm not going to advertise any other places specifically, but you could easily get one for £60. I sold a brand new sealed one for £60!
Sun 03/06/01 at 12:47
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Mmmm that was quite a good deal EDange Mast2K1er!
Sun 03/06/01 at 12:50
Actually it wasn't for me!
Sun 03/06/01 at 12:54
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Oops my mistake!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.