GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Consoles!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/06/01 at 10:43
Regular
This may not start of sounding like a FOG post but towards the end it will!

New Consoles get an auwful amount of hype these days, and I'm not saying thats bad its normal and everybody including me gets excited about a console that is new on the market.

But on TV you see queues of hundred and thousands of people just waiting for the second on midnight when a new console comes out and then realising the shop is shut and camping out overnight, or the shop stays open and is bombarded by a huge group of people trashing the store.

When the PSX first came out I went straight down to the shop in town at 9:00am with about £100 and bought one with a couple of games. Happy I went back home.

After a week my machine started to freeze up and then go all glitchy. I took it back to the shop and they replaced it, after a month they sent me a new one through the post and it was fine!

When I got my Nintendo I got it about 3 months after release and it was fine but I am guessing that there probably were a few minor hiccups maybe to do with saving and I know that they changed the name.

The DC came out with lots of advertisments saying 128 bit most powerful console ever with online facilities. There were no online facilities until recently when I got my DC!

The PS2 I had one of these but it broke down 3 times so I could no longer be bothered with it and sold it! A lot of people spent nearly 300 pounds on there machine in one go to find it broke down a couple of days later but now all the hiccups have been straightened out and they work fine!

The GC will probably have a few minor problems but Nintendo arent famous for always having a few problems with their machines, and since it is their first machine that will include discs there could be some probs! I know that I will get one sooner or later but not straight away, I would wait a month or so because by then the price might have dropped and any problems will have been sorted out!

ZP
Sun 03/06/01 at 15:27
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I only came back FROM Italy a few ays ago!
Sun 03/06/01 at 15:25
Regular
"smile, it's free"
(It's not italian.. it's spanish, but that's near enough. What's more, it's probably incorrect Spanish...)
Sun 03/06/01 at 15:24
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Donde este la cathedrale?
Sun 03/06/01 at 14:39
Regular
"You've upset me"
Come lungo ha lei è stato in grado di a?
Sun 03/06/01 at 14:37
Sì!
Sun 03/06/01 at 14:32
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ahh, so you can speak Italian then :-)
Sun 03/06/01 at 14:30
Nope, I aint been to no translation site!
Sun 03/06/01 at 14:30
Regular
"You've upset me"
Terry S wrote:
> turbonutter wrote:
> I can speak Latin.

I can't.

I can!

Not very good at it though...
Sun 03/06/01 at 14:29
Regular
"You've upset me"
Terry S wrote:

It was something like:
"Behind
> English, Italian is my favourite language. I have always loved the
> Italian! RBS: A master in the Italian!"

I think :D

Yup that's exactly it :-D

(Although I'm sure you went to a translation site :-))
Sun 03/06/01 at 14:24
turbonutter wrote:
> I can speak Latin.

I can't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.