GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Natural Born Killers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/07/05 at 16:01
Regular
A few months ago I started to occassionally see little silver insect things in my kitchen at night.

I don't like killing stuff if I can avoid it, so I fobbed myself off with the excuse that it wasn't really a problem, since sightings were reasonably rare, but if I ever saw two or more out at once, I'd do something about it and snuff them out.

Yesterday I saw 2, and was forced to face my inner p***y.
For now, they live. But there probably will come a point when I have to kill them all. I'm making an effort to keep things cleaner, so there's no food or whatever for them, but I'm sure that won't keep them down until the point where I move out.

So, killing insects for big girls - how do you overcome the inner p***y and its guilt?
Thu 14/07/05 at 16:01
Regular
A few months ago I started to occassionally see little silver insect things in my kitchen at night.

I don't like killing stuff if I can avoid it, so I fobbed myself off with the excuse that it wasn't really a problem, since sightings were reasonably rare, but if I ever saw two or more out at once, I'd do something about it and snuff them out.

Yesterday I saw 2, and was forced to face my inner p***y.
For now, they live. But there probably will come a point when I have to kill them all. I'm making an effort to keep things cleaner, so there's no food or whatever for them, but I'm sure that won't keep them down until the point where I move out.

So, killing insects for big girls - how do you overcome the inner p***y and its guilt?
Thu 14/07/05 at 16:03
Regular
"8==="
Good god man.

Trap them in a glass and throw them out the window.

Not exactly hard.
Thu 14/07/05 at 16:09
Regular
That's what I do with spiders, but these things are too small and fast. You can get a glass over them, but sliding the card (or anything rigid enough to hold a decent seal) will either squash them or let them out.

Plus the ones I've seen are no doubt the tip of the iceberg. Or at least only a small cut of the population. I'd be ferrying them out for ever.
Thu 14/07/05 at 16:11
Regular
"8==="
Dead Spiders wrote:
> That's what I do with spiders, but these things are too small and
> fast. You can get a glass over them, but sliding the card (or
> anything rigid enough to hold a decent seal) will either squash them
> or let them out.

*Shrugs*

If you kill them trying to get them out then at least you tried. If they die then it's obviously re-incarnation saying "STFU n00b lol!!!111".
Thu 14/07/05 at 16:16
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Burn down the house, its the only way to be sure!
Fri 15/07/05 at 02:31
Regular
Where's Dringo when you need him?

No, I'm not burning down my flat, I just want to give him prison love.

I've decided on a path of action - I'll get them onto a bit of paper, hold it out of the window and blow them off.
I think they'd be too light and grippy to shake from a cup, but hopefull this will work.

Hedfix reminded me of that milk advert - with Prince Naseem and Chris Eubank crying about a spider, and the no-nonsense little girl drinking some milk then doing the glass and card thing.
It's quite amusing, claiming a no-nonsense approach, then d***ing around with an empty glass.
(No offence Hedfix ;^) )
Mon 18/07/05 at 18:12
Regular
"Laughingstock"
my inner p***y

I'm still trying to work out what that word is...
Mon 18/07/05 at 18:35
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Pussycat pussycat, I love you.

Stupid filter
Mon 18/07/05 at 18:43
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Of course, of course.

Dead Spiders has/is/wants a p***y. Now I misunderstand fully.
Mon 18/07/05 at 18:51
Regular
I thought he wanted prison love..? Oh dear..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.