GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SR Big Brother"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/06/01 at 01:56
Regular
SR Big Brother

OK, here’s the pitch:

The top 10 posters from the last 30 days (RastaBillySkank, er-no, turbonutter, ssxpro, Your Honour, Goatboy, Bonus, Grix Thraves, Ice Blaster and Time_Warp) are each locked in soundproof booths for 10 days. All they have is an iMac and a super-quick leased-line Internet connection. The Internet connection will be set up so that they are only allowed to view a particular “Future of Gaming (Isolation)” forum. This will be viewable to other members 24/7, but they can’t post. Also, the post filter will be disabled after 21:00 until 9:00, and there will be a tracking system so we know who’s in what thread. The group will be fed daily, and they will have a budget. Each of them have a say in what gets bought, but everyone must have the same thing.

The group will have to spend their days on the special FOG, entertaining themselves with gaming conversation. Every day, the group will be set a task such as “Remember each other’s top 3 games for a test”, “A relevant post must be made in this topic every 5 minutes for 24 hours” and “Write an interactive story between yourselves featuring the top 100 posters of all time”. If they fail the tasks, each of their food rations will be cut for that day.

Every day, at 22:00, the FOGmates will be called into the Diary Thread, where they will nominate 2 people they want to leave the forum. This thread will be only viewable to the FOGmate and their post will be deleted before the next person comes in. Then from between 22:00 and 12:00 the other SR members vote for whom they want to be evicted. The evictee is announced to the FOGmates at 1:30, and the FOGmate that has been evicted has to leave in 5 minutes. Then, he/she/it becomes a normal member and is allowed no contact with the FOGmates.

The last person left in the FOG (Isolation) wins 5 Gameadays!

What do you think, Tony? Plausible?
Sun 03/06/01 at 01:56
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
SR Big Brother

OK, here’s the pitch:

The top 10 posters from the last 30 days (RastaBillySkank, er-no, turbonutter, ssxpro, Your Honour, Goatboy, Bonus, Grix Thraves, Ice Blaster and Time_Warp) are each locked in soundproof booths for 10 days. All they have is an iMac and a super-quick leased-line Internet connection. The Internet connection will be set up so that they are only allowed to view a particular “Future of Gaming (Isolation)” forum. This will be viewable to other members 24/7, but they can’t post. Also, the post filter will be disabled after 21:00 until 9:00, and there will be a tracking system so we know who’s in what thread. The group will be fed daily, and they will have a budget. Each of them have a say in what gets bought, but everyone must have the same thing.

The group will have to spend their days on the special FOG, entertaining themselves with gaming conversation. Every day, the group will be set a task such as “Remember each other’s top 3 games for a test”, “A relevant post must be made in this topic every 5 minutes for 24 hours” and “Write an interactive story between yourselves featuring the top 100 posters of all time”. If they fail the tasks, each of their food rations will be cut for that day.

Every day, at 22:00, the FOGmates will be called into the Diary Thread, where they will nominate 2 people they want to leave the forum. This thread will be only viewable to the FOGmate and their post will be deleted before the next person comes in. Then from between 22:00 and 12:00 the other SR members vote for whom they want to be evicted. The evictee is announced to the FOGmates at 1:30, and the FOGmate that has been evicted has to leave in 5 minutes. Then, he/she/it becomes a normal member and is allowed no contact with the FOGmates.

The last person left in the FOG (Isolation) wins 5 Gameadays!

What do you think, Tony? Plausible?
Sun 03/06/01 at 08:28
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Excellent...its sounds wicked...And ya know josh got voted in In real life maybe wookiee , me and someone else should be voted in. 5 GADS is too much,..1 will do.
Sun 03/06/01 at 09:33
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah, but the real people win 70 grand! 5 GADs is worthy of 10 days of isolation, don't you think?

I also had another idea: What about a virtual pet element? Keep the virtual pet watered, fed and cleaned out, and it lays chips, which can be converted into food!
Sun 03/06/01 at 09:48
So will it be the people in the top ten at present because iI might be posting AS much as usual so will i still be in??
Sun 03/06/01 at 10:26
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Probably at the time we decide to do it (if!)
Sun 03/06/01 at 10:27
K, so I will keep posting!
Sun 03/06/01 at 11:00
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I'd better get typing then...since Im 11!
Sun 03/06/01 at 11:14
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Zeldapro wrote:
> I'd better get typing then...since Im 11!

Aren't you a bit young :)
Sun 03/06/01 at 11:18
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I'll give it ten out of ten for creativity.

Unfortunately we would not be able to call it "Big Brother", and therefore nobody would be interested in it!
Sun 03/06/01 at 11:20
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Large sibling?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.