GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bombs in Leeds"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/07/05 at 11:25
Regular
"SOUP!"
I dont know whether you've seen this on national news or whether it's only been told on a local level but several areas of leeds have been evacuated and shut down for bomb scares. The local leisure centre is a makeshift centre for people to live whilst stuff is sorted out.

It's kinda surreal, when it was just London it seemed distant and not a real threat, but they've found bombs like 5 miles from my house. It's a little bit more real now.
Wed 13/07/05 at 21:51
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
There was a bomb scare in Norwich too, just a few miles away from me. It was just a prankster phoning up the emergency services though. No bomb. But possibly the biggest shopping centre in the city got evacuated for a while.
Wed 13/07/05 at 21:40
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
DreamWarBird wrote:
> gamesfreak wrote:
> Part of Nottingham was closed with a bomb scare the other day.
>
> Aye, missed me bus because of it!!

"Gimme a break!"
Wed 13/07/05 at 21:40
Regular
The car park in manchester where my mum used to park daily was closed for a bomb scare today.

And a friend of my dad was 2 carriages from one of the london bombs. Didn't have fun, aparantly.
Wed 13/07/05 at 21:08
Regular
"All about the Beats"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Part of Nottingham was closed with a bomb scare the other day.

Aye, missed me bus because of it!!
Wed 13/07/05 at 15:54
Regular
"Twenty quid."
The trouble is that most of the knee-jerk reactionaries don't seem to realise that ID cards will do next-to-nothing to help.

"I've got an ID card."
"Good - must mean you're not a terrorist. Marry my daughter?"
Wed 13/07/05 at 15:26
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Parts of Birmingham were evacuated on Saturday because of bomb scares.

What a convenient push for ID Cards.
Wed 13/07/05 at 13:48
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
There was a bomb scare outside the House of Commons yesterday I believe, not even reported in the news today.
Wed 13/07/05 at 11:30
Regular
Part of Nottingham was closed with a bomb scare the other day.
Wed 13/07/05 at 11:30
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Bombs and bomb scares are a completely different thing. You get bomb scares in Harlow every other week, but 99% of the time they're nothing. It's natural that people are going to get a littly jumpy after a major terrorist attack and there's people who preyt on this sort of fear, so I'd imagine we'll see a lot more of these up and down the country.
Wed 13/07/05 at 11:25
Regular
"SOUP!"
I dont know whether you've seen this on national news or whether it's only been told on a local level but several areas of leeds have been evacuated and shut down for bomb scares. The local leisure centre is a makeshift centre for people to live whilst stuff is sorted out.

It's kinda surreal, when it was just London it seemed distant and not a real threat, but they've found bombs like 5 miles from my house. It's a little bit more real now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.