GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How's this for retarded."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/07/05 at 09:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I read the Daily Mail review of War of the Worlds before I went to see it. Christopher Tookey is normally a very difficult man to impress, but he gave it 5 stars and called it the greatest action epic ever. It is neither an action film, nor an epic, and it's certainly not the greatest anything. It's very, very good though. There's one even larger mistake in the review, that only the Daily Mail could make - they said Tim Robbin's character was a paedophile.

Muuuuuuuh. Did they actually watch the film? He is not, repeat NOT a paedophile. I know the scene that activated the jerk of he knee, it's when he tells Dakota Fanning that if anything happens to Tom Cruise, he'll look after her. He's a creepy character anyway, so it comes across a bit...creepy. But look about 5 minutes earlier and he's telling Tom Cruise that he lost a daughter to the aliens. Now why do you think he's being over-nice to the new little girl on the scene?

It made me quite angry that this was the first conclusion the chief reviewer for the Mail would jump to, as it unneccessarily tarnished the relationships between the characters in the film for me before I'd even seen it.

Retards.
Thu 14/07/05 at 12:16
Regular
Shame that this is the culture we're in - he's a paedophile, she's a paedophile. Damn tabloids.
Thu 14/07/05 at 09:33
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Chr1s wrote:

they're a bunch of amateurs who
> know next to nothing about what they're talking about.

Think that goes for everything in the Daily Mail.
Thu 14/07/05 at 09:23
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Chr1s wrote:
> they're a bunch of amateurs who know nothing about what they're talking about.
Wed 13/07/05 at 11:48
"period drama"
Er ... The Daily Mail?
Wasn't that a big enough clue for you?
Wed 13/07/05 at 11:12
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I never EVER rely on newspapers for film reviews for precisely this reason. As the WOTW review shows, they're a bunch of amateurs who know next to nothing about what they're talking about.
Wed 13/07/05 at 09:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I read the Daily Mail review of War of the Worlds before I went to see it. Christopher Tookey is normally a very difficult man to impress, but he gave it 5 stars and called it the greatest action epic ever. It is neither an action film, nor an epic, and it's certainly not the greatest anything. It's very, very good though. There's one even larger mistake in the review, that only the Daily Mail could make - they said Tim Robbin's character was a paedophile.

Muuuuuuuh. Did they actually watch the film? He is not, repeat NOT a paedophile. I know the scene that activated the jerk of he knee, it's when he tells Dakota Fanning that if anything happens to Tom Cruise, he'll look after her. He's a creepy character anyway, so it comes across a bit...creepy. But look about 5 minutes earlier and he's telling Tom Cruise that he lost a daughter to the aliens. Now why do you think he's being over-nice to the new little girl on the scene?

It made me quite angry that this was the first conclusion the chief reviewer for the Mail would jump to, as it unneccessarily tarnished the relationships between the characters in the film for me before I'd even seen it.

Retards.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.