GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F this and F that. An F (ing) tragedy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/07/05 at 15:42
Regular
TV shows beginning with F - there are certainly loads that I don't know of at all, but the four that come instantly to mind (part of the reason for point (i) below) share two things in common:

(i) I think they are brilliant,
(ii) they were cancelled before completion.

The four Fs I'm thinking of are:

- Family Guy
- Farscape
- Firefly
- Futurama

Interestingly, as discussed on these forums already, Family Guy has returned, definitely pleasing the many fans who caught up with the show when it appeared on DVD. For a short stint, Farscape did the same, returning for a quick mini-series to complete the story. Similarly, Firefly is due to return later this year in the movie Serenity. Any ideas if Futurama is likely to return? With The Simpsons losing their magic, is there now room for Fry and co?

Since they were all cancelled, I guess there won't be many who agree with my opinion, but I thought I'd put it on the forums in case there were others with an interest in these shows. Another great F was Fawlty Towers, but I don't know the history behind that - I had the impression it was only meant to run as long as it did.

One exception would have to be Friends - but it fails in both the points I mentioned above.

On the discussion side of things, does anybody have particular favourite episodes from the shows above? Not that anyone cares, or is reading this far down this message, but I'd go with:

Firefly - Out of Gas
Farscape - Crackers Don't Matter (a close battle though)
Futurama - Freedom Day (I like Dr Z)

If I'm honest, I don't know the episode titles for Family Guy, so can't put anything down for that. Opinions welcome.
Wed 13/07/05 at 11:25
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Reefer wrote:
> Fastlane.
>
> Ok, it wasn't so great, but it had Tiffany Amber-Thiessen in it, and
> we all know how hawt Kelly Kapowski is.

showing your age there mate ;)
Zack's "mobile" phone was fantastic.
Wed 13/07/05 at 08:15
Regular
On the Stargate subject, I heard a rumour that Ben Browder (Crichton from Farscape) was going to take up a regular role on the show, and Claudia Black (Aeryn, also from Farscape) was going to be a guest for several shows. Not sure what it'd be like though, seeing the two of them acting together but not as Crichton an Aeryn - might be a bit strange.
Tue 12/07/05 at 21:28
Regular
"Not a Jew"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> And a body.

Maybe from Hedfix but from FFF..
I'm disappointed.
Tue 12/07/05 at 21:28
Regular
There's a new Stargate thingy, about Atlantis. Never watched it myself, just saw an ad on Five while watching a documentary about Mongols invading Japan using boats, swords and the like.

I miss Buffy.
Tue 12/07/05 at 21:25
"period drama"
And a body.
Ohohohoho.

Ahh ... Farscape, shame on that.
+ SG1 are the only sci-fi things I've ever really liked watching.
Tue 12/07/05 at 19:07
Regular
"Not a Jew"
No, it wasn't cancelled, Cleese only did 12 because he was smart enough to realise the fate of programs that go on and on and on. He quit while he was ahead.
Tue 12/07/05 at 18:53
Regular
I believe Fawlty Towers was cancelled as well; after 12 episodes...?
Tue 12/07/05 at 18:22
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Favourite Family Guy episode, for me, is probably Mr. Saturday Knight.
Tue 12/07/05 at 18:19
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Chr1s wrote:
> Farscape? That was the worst TV show I've ever seen.

What are you - gay?
Tue 12/07/05 at 17:55
Regular
"8==="
Chr1s wrote:
> Farscape? That was the worst TV show I've ever seen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.