GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mister Blake"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/07/05 at 22:38
Regular
"tokyo police club"
He may have been a sinner, he may have been with the boys of claret and amber, but he's changed ways. Unlike most of you, he's seen the light. The white light. The one of purity, of freedom... of Leeds United.

And so, ex-Bradford City (pre-super crap era) is close to signing for the Mighty Whites. 800k to take him off of Birmingham's hands and into our first team. And 120 goals in 300 games isn't bad when you've been playing in reject teams like Bradford City and Darlington, is it?

Championship, you gonna get pwn this season.
Thu 14/07/05 at 12:32
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Robbie Blake will be a very good signing for Leeds, just you all wait and see!

He barely made half-a-dozen appearences for Birmingham, but all he needs is a good, long run of games back in the Championship - you'll see! ;)
Tue 12/07/05 at 18:05
Regular
It is looking gravey for leeds this season, they have a powerful all round squad.

They have the players of the future in Richardson, Walton, Pugh, Killgannon etc... and some quality quality quality new signings.

New wingers will be great.

Eddie Lewis is 31.

And Leeds have a striking partnership that gel, Healy and Hulse... and Blake will be helpful.

Solid defence, midfield and talented attack force.

The future is white.
Mon 11/07/05 at 23:18
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> I hate Big Sam. He's always going on about something that's so unfair,

Totally agree, always moaning about the big teams
Mon 11/07/05 at 23:16
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> I hate Big Sam. He's always going on about something that's so unfair,
> when he's actually talking complete rubbish. Credit to the man, he's
> done an awesome job, but I just don't like him, and would hate to see
> him manage England.

He moans, yeah. which is something Sven doesn't do and it frustrates me a bit. Better than him blaming it all on that long lost throw in in the 6th minute, innit? And the fact is he's in a low pressure job now and he still gets worked up about it. Nobody expects anything of Bolton, it's not like they're a massive player in the market or anything and he still looks like he's about to have a heart attack every time you see him.

> Back on the subject of Leeds, now it's about making all those players
> gel. How many different strikers played for you last season? Hopefully
> you'll find something that works. (My uncle's a Leeds fan, so I don't
> like to see them suffer too long.) Eddie Lewis has always been a good
> first division/ championship player - how old is he though? Blake is
> at least proven at that level. Mind you, didn't they say that about
> Joachim and Ricketts? (Have you stil lgot Ricketts? Shocking to think
> he got an England cap.)

We gave about 30 or something debuts last term. Shocking. It'll be more like 5 this year, which isn't too bad. Especially seeing as we've got a rather large squad and can easily rotate it if worst comes to worst. Eddie Lewis is early 30's - 32 I think, if memory serves me. He's not a bad player at all, and it's what we've needed on the wings, especially as we were filling the midfeild with defenders for a large portion of last season.

I think we've still got Ricketts, yeah. He's like an untalented version of Heskey at Liverpool - does little, falls over a lot and looks nervous at all times. Only thing is Heskey always had that little run every season that got him a few goals and earned him his England place. Ricketts has nothing at all.
Mon 11/07/05 at 23:09
Regular
"not dead"
I hate Big Sam. He's always going on about something that's so unfair, when he's actually talking complete rubbish. Credit to the man, he's done an awesome job, but I just don't like him, and would hate to see him manage England.

Back on the subject of Leeds, now it's about making all those players gel. How many different strikers played for you last season? Hopefully you'll find something that works. (My uncle's a Leeds fan, so I don't like to see them suffer too long.) Eddie Lewis has always been a good first division/ championship player - how old is he though? Blake is at least proven at that level. Mind you, didn't they say that about Joachim and Ricketts? (Have you stil lgot Ricketts? Shocking to think he got an England cap.)
Mon 11/07/05 at 23:04
Regular
"tokyo police club"
If any other manager in England had the Bolton job back when they got promoted, I don't doubt they'd be mid-table division 1.... CHAMPIONSHIP now. However, I don't know if he'd do it at International level. And would he want to leave his beloved Bolt? I'm unsure.
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:59
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I am a big fan of Sam Allardyce, he's done absolute wonders at Bolton and some of the players he has brought in have been real coups. Should definitely be a candidate for the England job when Sven gets booted after 2006. Given his transfers he could probably convince the world that Ronaldinho is English
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:56
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Kawada wrote:
> I think European and Premiership soccer ball entertainment will be
> more than enough for me thank ye. However keep trying to convince
> yourself that we United fans give two hoots about your little feeder
> club, it's rather cute :-D

We're safe in teh knowledge that Glazer didn't have enough money to tempt Batesy to sell his beloved Ch...Leeds. Yes, Leeds.

And even if Blackwell does lose his job, we have got a top 6 squad now. Easily amongst the best in the division. I really am starting to feel confident about this season. I'm just glad it's not life and death.

I don't think Blacky will go though. He's not a talented manager in the same sense that Harry Redkanpp (scum) and Sam Allardyce (legend) are in that they can make a team from dirt and make them gods, but he's hardly Dave Bassett.

If we get back to the Prem though, I can't see him lasting.
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I think European and Premiership soccer ball entertainment will be more than enough for me thank ye. However keep trying to convince yourself that we United fans give two hoots about your little feeder club, it's rather cute :-D
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:45
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Think a few bob on Mr Blackwell being the first manager in the Championship to lose his job might be on the way.

With all the cash spent and rising wage budget, success and no less is needed from him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.