GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do I do when my Northbridge fan doesn't spin?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/07/05 at 13:09
Regular
"bot"
So yeah, my computer seemed quieter than normal today and I opened it up to discover that I have a non-functional Northbridge fan.

The board is an Abit NF7.

Help?
Mon 11/07/05 at 13:09
Regular
"bot"
So yeah, my computer seemed quieter than normal today and I opened it up to discover that I have a non-functional Northbridge fan.

The board is an Abit NF7.

Help?
Mon 11/07/05 at 13:34
Regular
"bot"
Okay, I got it spinning again by twiddling it until the motor kicked in.
This isn't exactly a lasting solution though and I hear this is a common problem with Abit chipset coolers.

If anyone knows of a site that sells chipset coolers with reasonable postage charges to Northern Ireland, I would love to know about them.
Mon 11/07/05 at 13:38
I have three in stock
Mon 11/07/05 at 14:01
"period drama"
Turn it by hand, like in the good old days, when the black men were shipped in to turn the cranks and function as the ALU.
Mon 11/07/05 at 15:21
Regular
Im my biggest Northbridge fan.
Mon 11/07/05 at 15:26
Regular
"8==="
I am

[URL]http://www.northbridgesoccer.com/[/URL]

Du du du - du du - du du NYSA!

Young men... get your feet on the ball!
Mon 11/07/05 at 16:12
Regular
My graphics card fan stopped spinnig over a year ago.

It still runs like a charm.
Mon 11/07/05 at 16:38
Regular
"bot"
o_0

my system temp before I got it spinning again was over 15 degrees higher than normal. Granted, I would expect it to be a little hotter today but that much was crazy.

It's normally 27/28. Now that the fan is spinning again it's 32.
Tue 12/07/05 at 09:00
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Northbridge fans are a pain for failing, I am currently on my third!

There is a solution on the internet though that instead of a fan you use a large heatsink which of course never fails like a fan.

Here is a review of such a device:
http://www.atruereview.com/NB32J/index.php
Tue 12/07/05 at 12:19
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Memorandum! wrote:
> It's normally 27/28. Now that the fan is spinning again it's 32.

I'm looking at a HD temp of about 50 normally and a PSU temp of 60.

I love my laptop, if I'm hungry I just cover it in tin foil and fry an egg on it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.