GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Skies of Arcadia..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/07/05 at 13:07
Regular
First person to find me a site with it in stock wins ma b*tch for an afternoon.
Wed 20/07/05 at 23:56
Regular
"thursdayton!"
The sequel was widely rumoured to be about a possible dark moon/civilisation. Remember in the dark rift where you found the Black Moonstone discovery? It said something about there once possibly being a dark moon.

It's true though that the whole of Arcadia had been explored.. Even so, you'd have a whole new Valua to explore as that'd have to be rebuilt.

My other possible theory for a sequel would be having the ship go down below the Deep Sky to the planet's surface. Thus, there'd be a whole new world down there to explore.
Wed 20/07/05 at 22:58
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Edgy wrote:
> Not to mention the whole world of Arcadia has been discovered. They'd
> have to be on a different planet/post-uber natural disaster

just for the sh*ts and giggles lets try and think of ways to revive the series. plot and gameplay wise.

I would set a sequal beggining on pirate island which has now been heavily expanded as Vyse's pirate organisation has grown in size and population. At the start of the game Fina could come to Vyse slightly homesick and missing her routes in the stars and so vyse creates a new more powerful ship fueled entirely on silver moon stones in order to take the ship up to the elders. However on the way Vyse's ship is taken over by an unkown entity that drags the ship into out of space.

Vyse, Fina, Aika awake on an unkown planet enslaved by a silent humanoid race.

just a possibility...
Wed 20/07/05 at 18:34
Regular
Not to mention the whole world of Arcadia has been discovered. They'd have to be on a different planet/post-uber natural disaster
Wed 20/07/05 at 17:16
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I know. Skies wouldn't be Skies without Drachma. :' {
Wed 20/07/05 at 15:55
"period drama"
I don't know how they could have made a sequel anyway - not with all the same characters - without it seeming forced.
Wed 20/07/05 at 15:00
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Pringle28 wrote:
> There were rumours way back that a sequal was being considered for
> this truly legendary game! Anybody heard anything more on that?

A sequel was in development, but then Sega had a reshuffle of studios, Overworks became Sega-Wow! and the sequel was heard of no more. No news for about 2-3 years now, so unfortunately it's dead.

That said, Skies is so uber a sequel would have to really, really be good to not spoil the original for me.
Wed 20/07/05 at 00:52
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
There were rumours way back that a sequal was being considered for this truly legendary game! Anybody heard anything more on that? How I would love a sequal to be released for the next gen consoles.It would have to have the same in depth level of narrative fused with brand new glossy visuals to survive a contemporary market fueled mainly by the need for style and lush graphics...
Sat 16/07/05 at 21:48
Regular
Got a new sealed copy from Australia for a slightly inflated price :D

Saveapoint didn't have it in stock, rang them long before you posted here but cheers anyway.

Muchly thanks to those who posted.
Sat 16/07/05 at 18:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Loads and loads of places do that. Go have a look at Smiths!
Sat 16/07/05 at 16:43
Regular
Oswaldo! wrote:

> [URL]http://www.savapoint.com/savapoint/productinfo.php?prodid=1391[/URL]

Haha! I like them.

They are still selling games which everyone else is selling for less than £20...at full original price!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.