GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Descent"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/07/05 at 21:34
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
EDIT: Saw it today. Like a cross between Dog Soldiers, Carrie and the Chronicles of Riddick videogame sewer level, spread over 100 minutes of fun fun fun.

[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk[/URL]

Check out the review for a top period picture gag.
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:50
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Absolutely, it was certainly a poor trailer. Even the font was rubbish.

Stick a comment on the site if it makes you feel better. I'll promise I'll hold back for the next one :)
Mon 11/07/05 at 21:44
Regular
"relocated"
Saw this today. First film I've seen for ages close(ish) to release day - I was finally going to get off my bum and write a review for your website but you beat me to it. Cracking movie nonetheless. My girlfriend was scared witless, which made it even better. And it starred a hot, monster-butt kicking babe in a low cut top. The advert doesn't do it justice at all.
Mon 11/07/05 at 20:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
People keep mentioning this guy in the same breath as the Alien franchise, I reckon it's worth a few bob. He'd certainly go back to what made the original so successful.
Mon 11/07/05 at 10:17
Regular
Sounds fan funking tastic to me.
Mon 11/07/05 at 09:45
Regular
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> I thought the age of films featuring
> predictable monsters jumping out all over the show,

It's about time we had some more balls out monster movies. Im sick and tired of watching stupid Asian films full of spooky children, or 'ironic' watered down teen slasher films.

It might not be doing anything particualy new, but by the sounds of it it's not afraid to chuck the gore around it'll be a good break from the guff that has taken over the horror genre in the last few years.
Mon 11/07/05 at 00:36
Regular
"The tampon just wasn't up to it".

*shakes head*

------------------

When I saw the trailer for a film called the Descent, I assumed they'd had a stab at adapting the excellent epic novel by Jeff Long. Not sure if that would be such a good idea though, they'd more than likely ruin it.

Dog Soldiers was good for a laugh but I certainly won't be running out to buy it on DVD. I thought the age of films featuring predictable monsters jumping out all over the show, was over. But what with the grudge, the ring, dark water and now this, it seems fresh ideas just aren't forthcoming.

I'll probably catch it on DVD one sunday evening.
Mon 11/07/05 at 00:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Exactly the kind of film that makes me go :*(
Sun 10/07/05 at 23:43
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
*pop*

Review now posted (see above)
Sun 10/07/05 at 17:04
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Heh
>
> I was planning on taking my bird, but she still hasn't forgiven me
> for making her watch the TCM remake.
>
> Stupid woman!

You went to see the TCM remake and you're calling her a stupid woman...

Actually I've just rememberd I went to see it as well...

I really dunno why.
Sun 10/07/05 at 16:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
"An all-female caving expedition"

Yes!

"goes horribly wrong"

YES!

"as the explorers become trapped and ultimately pursued by a strange breed of predators"

YES YES YES!

Probably not seeing it at the cinema though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.