GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's all this Orange nonsense?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/07/05 at 19:00
Regular
"Selected"
I signed up for the spend £10 get £5 free shindig with Orange roight, I've spent the £10 but how do I spend the free £5? I phoned the balance which says I have 0 pence in my normal account but £5 worth of free calls and texts...but it won't let me text anymore.

Somebody help a brother* out?

*I'm not black in the slightest, bretrin
Thu 14/07/05 at 14:22
Regular
"serenity now!"
mikelar wrote:
> its like Brewster's Millions only
> on a much, much smaller scale.

:D
Wed 13/07/05 at 23:09
"slightlyshortertagl"
If you're spending over £250/year on PAYG, check out [URL]www.chatterbox.com/west[/URL], they haven't got a huge range, but of the phones they have, they have some good deals.
Sun 10/07/05 at 23:01
Regular
"Selected"
Are you on a contract though? If so, who with?

I really can't afford to be on a contract....I'm thinking of going with easyphone prepay though.

I wonder if I'd be making a massive mistake....
Sun 10/07/05 at 22:16
"slightlyshortertagl"
mikelar wrote:
> It was so crappy of them to change the price of a text from 10 to 12
> pence.

It costs them something like a 0.2p per text.

Really takes the pish.
Sun 10/07/05 at 12:18
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Orange are a gigantic rip off who seem to have hidden charges around every corner.
Sat 09/07/05 at 22:08
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
> The Wardy wrote:
> Anyone know on that "Orange Wednesdays" deal how it works?
>
> Do you text Film to 241 or something like that and then do they text
> you back and say that you can get a free cinema ticket and then you
> show the person in the cinema the text message?
>
PigKing wrote:
> You text film to 241 then they text a code back to you that the
> person at the cinema writes down, then you get the free ticket.

Ah cheers...how much does it cost to text that 241 number because i havent got a Orange phone but my mate has, so if it is cheap/free i can ask him to do it for me and take the code with me to the cinema.
Sat 09/07/05 at 22:06
Regular
The Wardy wrote:
> Anyone know on that "Orange Wednesdays" deal how it works?
>
> Do you text Film to 241 or something like that and then do they text
> you back and say that you can get a free cinema ticket and then you
> show the person in the cinema the text message?

You text film to 241 then they text a code back to you that the person at the cinema writes down, then you get the free ticket.
Sat 09/07/05 at 20:47
Regular
"Selected"
Niddle wrote:
> Once you've used £10 in one week between Monday and
> Sunday
, you'll automatically receive your £5 reward.
> This can then be used to talk and text up until the end of
> that same week

What a con, there had to be some little catch. So I have to spend it in one week to get the free money; its like Brewster's Millions only on a much, much smaller scale.

Thanks for looking though Niddle. And yes Wardy, after you text Orange, they text you back a code which you then show to the tickect folk at the cinema.

The cinema thing is just about the only good deal with Orange though. It was so crappy of them to change the price of a text from 10 to 12 pence. C'mon you penny pinching fatcats, how about not spending so much on those crappy adverts instead etc etc (I'll save that rant for another time)
Sat 09/07/05 at 20:40
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I have no idea. The only thing I know about it (having an orange phone) was when I went to the Odeon in the middle of the day on a wednesday off to see Hitch Hiker's Guide. Some guy with what looked like an ancient mobile phone said do you have an orange mobile.

I just avoided him because I couldn't be assed to fill out about 20 forms and so on.
Sat 09/07/05 at 20:34
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Anyone know on that "Orange Wednesdays" deal how it works?

Do you text Film to 241 or something like that and then do they text you back and say that you can get a free cinema ticket and then you show the person in the cinema the text message?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.