GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Land of the Dead gets a 15 certificate"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/07/05 at 16:28
Regular
It's exactly the same print that's being show in the US as an R certificate and it's only received a 15 cert from the BBFC. Apparently the DVD version will include 6 minutes of footage that was removed to make sure the film gets an R rating in America. This is a f***ing Romero zombie movie, it's supposed to be an 18 certificate, it's not supposed to be watered down so younger kids can watch it.

I don't understand this sudden fear of violent films at the cinema. The BBFC seem to be getting more leniant these days with what they allow in film, so what the funk is up with this sudden fear of showing 18 certificate films at the cinema?
Fri 08/07/05 at 19:19
Regular
"lets go back"
Lower age ratings = more people can see it = more profit
Fri 08/07/05 at 19:18
Regular
"The Red Shift"
That's just the thing. It took so long to realise that it was a comedy, because the whole of the beginning had martial arts and dirtyness with a couple of slap stick things put in around it. It eventually grows more and more into a comedy, though I guess.

It had a brilliant mix of martial arts (lots of screen time for this action and well worked special effects on top of it).

More than a few laugh out loud moments.

A nice plot that was good to follow.

I think it gets a 9/10 atleast.
Fri 08/07/05 at 19:13
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Clazon wrote:
> I went to see that. It was superb. I honestly haven't laughed out
> loud in a cinema as much as I did in that film. It was truly great.
> It's so good that I can still remember the scenes now, which is rare
> for me and films.

That's what I like to hear. caught a small bit of it earlier, with the bloke with the rings on his arms. Looks like a "true" martial arts movie. I just want to see people flying through the air and I'll be happy. wobbly sword will do too.
Fri 08/07/05 at 19:10
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Pandaemonium wrote:
>Kung Fu Hussle (which looks fecking great)

Ha.

I went to see that. It was superb. I honestly haven't laughed out loud in a cinema as much as I did in that film. It was truly great. It's so good that I can still remember the scenes now, which is rare for me and films.
Fri 08/07/05 at 19:02
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Peter Venkman wrote:
> When's it out?

September.

The screenplay, while entertaining enough, didn't make me think "this is gonna be great", but then agian, Romeros talent is in the direction. Too many chiched characters too. Still, watching it tonight as well as Kung Fu Hussle (which looks fecking great)
Fri 08/07/05 at 17:26
Regular
"She's a dog!"
When's it out?
Fri 08/07/05 at 16:57
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I'm quite literally quivering with excitement at the prospect of this film hitting cinema screens.
Fri 08/07/05 at 16:35
Regular
"8==="
15 = what used to be an 18.

If it's a 15 it's a more business friendly movie for cineams who want to cram in the teens during the summer.

Assuming it's coming out in the summer.
Fri 08/07/05 at 16:28
Regular
It's exactly the same print that's being show in the US as an R certificate and it's only received a 15 cert from the BBFC. Apparently the DVD version will include 6 minutes of footage that was removed to make sure the film gets an R rating in America. This is a f***ing Romero zombie movie, it's supposed to be an 18 certificate, it's not supposed to be watered down so younger kids can watch it.

I don't understand this sudden fear of violent films at the cinema. The BBFC seem to be getting more leniant these days with what they allow in film, so what the funk is up with this sudden fear of showing 18 certificate films at the cinema?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.