GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Preorders from Gameplay"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Tue 26/10/04 at 16:05
Regular
I preordered GTA San Andreas on the Sunday just gone.

Never preordered from Gameplay before. How's the delivery usually?

I updated my order with the 99p postage (1st class I think), and the despatch estimate is the 27th.

Will I receive it on Friday?
Thu 28/10/04 at 17:21
Regular
"Bring on the games!"
This.Celluloid.Dream wrote:
> I'm guessing Monday or Tuesday

In my Amazon order account thing they said that this was the estimated time of delivery.

I can't wait a minute longer!
Thu 28/10/04 at 07:58
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Reynolds wrote:
> I've ordered mine from Amazon.co.uk anyone no when i'll recive mine?
> :P

Would have thought on Friday, as Amazon are pretty damn good even on basic delivery method. But as with Gameplay, Amazon have already sold out of there initial stock so if you pre-ordered it a few days ago, you might be looking at next week.

Of course I had to pre-order it at the last minute and as such havent got a release copy :(. Doesnt matter though as I have just had Burnout 3 for my birthday which I am about a 1/3 through and will be working from today all the way until Tuesday next week, so if GTA turns up for Wednesday I will be happy.
Thu 28/10/04 at 06:42
Regular
$L!(E Mubimbo DinDin wrote:
> no way i always order from amazon andfifa and pro which all came out
> on fridays i didnt recieve until monday even though i chose for the
> to be first class delivery.

That should change soon then, yet the service still isn't guaranteed - there's just more pressure on RM to keep delivery times at 100% for Amazon.
Thu 28/10/04 at 06:40
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> Changed since i've been there then, they were just the same as
> ordinary mail, if the bag they were in got to us early, all good, if
> not there was nothing said.

Yeah it's only a recent change. I think it had something to do with a major screw-up with the Star Wars Trilogy sets. They were meant to be treated as Special Delivery but loads all over the Country failed to be delivered on time. RM got a huge shafting for it.
Thu 28/10/04 at 00:14
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
Marcini wrote:
> nah amazons good. sometime you get it the day before but you are
> guarenteed it on friday. it mainly depends on the post service around
> you. most places are better now so im guessing thursday

no way i always order from amazon andfifa and pro which all came out on fridays i didnt recieve until monday even though i chose for the to be first class delivery.
Thu 28/10/04 at 00:03
Regular
"Bow to me!"
ive only had 1 real bad experience from SR and that was when i preordered Holy Magic Century for N64 (great game) and i was waiting 3 weeks for it lol. but i phoned them and it turned out there was some error in the system and i got it after that. not sure if you will get GTA on thursday because i know the delivery aint as fast as Gameplay and Amazon cos they dotn do the priority delivery. just have to wait and see...
Wed 27/10/04 at 20:23
"Dark FX"
Azul XXX wrote:
> Actually, they're delivery is horrendous.
> But hey.

Why is their delivery horrendous? They're despatching the games tomorrow (hopefully).
Wed 27/10/04 at 20:17
Regular
OH MY GOD WHY DIDN'T YOU GET IT FROM SR BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS SR HAVE THE BEST DELIVERY!

Actually, they're delivery is horrendous.
But hey.
Wed 27/10/04 at 20:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
ßulle†† wrote:
> There's still no guaranteed time of delivery, but Royal Mail now
> must treat all Amazon packages as priority services.

Changed since i've been there then, they were just the same as ordinary mail, if the bag they were in got to us early, all good, if not there was nothing said.
Wed 27/10/04 at 20:13
Regular
"Bring on the games!"
Yeh. Amazon are reliable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.