GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How Crazy is this? Halo! Crazy! Mad!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:10
Regular
"Bah"
Was looking at links of halo 2 and came accross these 2 links. The first is a site with pictures of the origianl HALO first ever screenshots and theres some pretty crazy stuf there including mc with a sword (metal one!) and the second link is a story of how it was origianlly gonna be on the ps2. How mad is that, halo is the only reason myself and i bet millions of you even got an xbox! Anyway check them out and be thankful that microsoft brought bungie!
[URL]http://boards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=70625545&replies=20&ui=cb_post_04[/URL]
Halo Screenshots
[URL]http://boards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=70625545&replies=20&ui=cb_post_04[/URL]
Tue 26/10/04 at 21:25
Regular
Hmmmz, my brothers first game was Star Wars Obi Wan and 2nd was Halo, and MY first games were Fifa 2005, Burnout 3, Counter Strike, Return To Castle Wolfenstein, Soldier Of Fortune 2: Double Helix and Amped 2, and when I first played Halo, I hated it, but after a while I started to liek it, should really start to play it again for the upcoming game, if I do or not is a different matter entirely :-p
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:55
Regular
"\\"
Conflict : Desert Storm... Yes? I don't know. That was a guess.
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:34
Regular
"Bah"
whats C:DS?
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:30
If you visit the gamespot website and search for Halo vids, they have a longish vid on the evolution of Halo. Used to be a strategy game, then third person before finally first.
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:27
Regular
"8==="
True to form as usual I didn't buy my Xbox for Halo as I'd already finished it on a mates in co-op.

Halo was about my 5th game. The first three being Quantum Redshift, C:DS and TS2.

Only C:DS remains of the original trilogy.
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:25
Regular
"Bah"
Whatever floats ya boat. scary that it may have NEVER been on xbox thou
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:20
Regular
"\\"
Those screenshots were from when it was being made for the Mac. By the time they thought of testing it on the PS2, it had become too much for it to handle.
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:18
Regular
"Bah"
As you can see form the pictures the base build one is a somewhat downcut version that would run on the ps2 but just imagine if it had never happened!
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:11
Regular
"\\"
Halo wouldn't run on the PS2... So it never was going to come out for it.
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:10
Regular
"Bah"
Was looking at links of halo 2 and came accross these 2 links. The first is a site with pictures of the origianl HALO first ever screenshots and theres some pretty crazy stuf there including mc with a sword (metal one!) and the second link is a story of how it was origianlly gonna be on the ps2. How mad is that, halo is the only reason myself and i bet millions of you even got an xbox! Anyway check them out and be thankful that microsoft brought bungie!
Halo Screenshots

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.