GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Incredibly n00by Excel question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/07/05 at 08:16
Regular
Can't believe I don't know this, but hey.

How do I fix a sheet so you can't scroll down to infinity? You know, lock it so the whole sheet is just the cells you can see and you can't for example hold the down button and create a thousand more rows (or go across and create columns).

A few situations at work require me to implement and reverse this feature and I'm a little stumped :(
Tue 12/07/05 at 21:14
"Darkness, always"
Use the freeze panes option under the window menu.
Fri 08/07/05 at 20:03
Regular
Above and to the right of the scrollbars there are small notches. Simply drag them down/right and Excel will show two panes onscreen - a fixed area and the normal scrollable area.
Fri 08/07/05 at 12:13
Regular
Hmm, as far as I can recall, I've tried everything, but obviously I haven't or I would have solved it :D

It's probably something really simple too!
Thu 07/07/05 at 18:01
Regular
I tried google for you but it didn't bring anything up. Have you tried messing around with the options?
Thu 07/07/05 at 16:17
Regular
Yeah yeah. Any serious answers?
Thu 07/07/05 at 14:41
Bullett wrote:
> scroll down to infinity?

omgogm!

you should scroll right down to infinity and tell us what the number is!
mathematicians worldwide will be stunned!
Thu 07/07/05 at 08:16
Regular
Can't believe I don't know this, but hey.

How do I fix a sheet so you can't scroll down to infinity? You know, lock it so the whole sheet is just the cells you can see and you can't for example hold the down button and create a thousand more rows (or go across and create columns).

A few situations at work require me to implement and reverse this feature and I'm a little stumped :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.