GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Europe rejects software patents"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/07/05 at 23:41
Regular
"relocated"
Woohoo! Big news this for anyone who believes that programmers should be free to innovate rather than worrying about being sued by Amazon for offering a one-click buy system (or a gift wrapping service). Bad news for Nokia, Bill Gates and patent lawyers. [URL]http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/07/06/1156214&from=rss[/URL]

And a quick summary of the issues from Bill Gates himself:

"If people had understood how patents would be granted when most of today's ideas were invented and had taken out patents, the industry would be at a complete standstill today. ... The solution is patenting as much as we can. A future startup with no patents of its own will be forced to pay whatever price the giants choose to impose. That price might be high. Established companies have an interest in excluding future competitors."
Sat 09/07/05 at 18:21
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Aye.
Fri 08/07/05 at 22:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Bloody good news, if you ask me.
Wed 06/07/05 at 23:41
Regular
"relocated"
Woohoo! Big news this for anyone who believes that programmers should be free to innovate rather than worrying about being sued by Amazon for offering a one-click buy system (or a gift wrapping service). Bad news for Nokia, Bill Gates and patent lawyers. [URL]http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/07/06/1156214&from=rss[/URL]

And a quick summary of the issues from Bill Gates himself:

"If people had understood how patents would be granted when most of today's ideas were invented and had taken out patents, the industry would be at a complete standstill today. ... The solution is patenting as much as we can. A future startup with no patents of its own will be forced to pay whatever price the giants choose to impose. That price might be high. Established companies have an interest in excluding future competitors."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.