GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New NGC #109"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/07/05 at 16:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Came today, obviously. Here are the reviews!

Killer 7 - 84%
Batman Begins - 41%
MOH: European Assault - 62%

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory DS - 3/5
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones GBA - 4/5

The news is all stuff that we've all heard about before, thanks to the magic interweb. They don't seem to be too bothered about the whole no HDTV support for Revolution, although they say that it could be a mistake equal to no DVD player in cube. What is interesting is the news about a REmake on DS using the camera from Resi 4. Sounds pretty amazing, if you ask me, and just the sort of thing the DS needs.

The mag has a heavy Mario theme, with the new Mario games all together in an article with all the other previous Mario games. There's a nice retro feature, a complete walkthrough of Killer 7 (it's not even out yet ffs). On the review front, they said that K7 is good, but more of an experience than a real game, but an experience that everyone should have, nonetheless. Sounds good, anyway.

Oh well, that's another issue out of the way. The content really shows how little Nintendo news there is left to report these days, which saddens me.
Tue 05/07/05 at 21:30
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
gerrid wrote:
> The news is all stuff that we've all heard about before, thanks to
> the magic interweb. They don't seem to be too bothered about the
> whole no HDTV support for Revolution, although they say that it could
> be a mistake equal to no DVD player in cube. What is interesting is

Cos how many ppl in this country have HDTV? Hardly any. And not many kids are gonna have a HDTV in their rooms to play the games on either. Is big in Japan though, and becomming more popular in the states. I don't think it is too much of a concern for this generation though. Though it is good for publicity stuff.

:)
Tue 05/07/05 at 20:35
Regular
Nintendo said there maybe a spaceworld. They haven't decided.

So yes it may happen but if it doesn't then they were hardly lying.

Spaceworld occurs at the end of August.
Tue 05/07/05 at 20:13
Regular
"thursdayton!"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Whenever Spaceworld is held.
>
> Unless they were lying about that.
>
> Which wouldn't surprise me.

What have they said they could lie about? Spaceworld is just speculation, especially as one hasn't been held for years. All we know is stuff will be revealed before the end of the year.
Tue 05/07/05 at 16:19
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Whenever Spaceworld is held.

Unless they were lying about that.

Which wouldn't surprise me.
Tue 05/07/05 at 14:12
"period drama"
We won't have to wait that long, I'm sure.
I was thinking more around August / September
Tue 05/07/05 at 13:56
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Yup, and we are going to have to wait until the end of the year for Revolution details. Its really frustrating for me as I'm an Xbox fan, but the 360 is so hideously expensive. I'm gonna have to stick by my guns at the moment, but my mates will have a 360 this Xmas, and it might sway me, especailly Final Fantasy 11 Online.........
Mon 04/07/05 at 23:14
Regular
It is quiet time in the industry. Don't worry too much about it.

Just a shame Nintendo didn't deliver enough at E3 to keep us talking.

Iwata is just giving the same interview again and again.
Mon 04/07/05 at 20:23
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gerrid wrote:
> I'm excited.

So am I :)

You better be right: [URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=7986[/URL] :P
Mon 04/07/05 at 20:06
"period drama"
With the revolution they've got my controller there that can change shape.
I didn't know it was possible, but supposedly so.
Mon 04/07/05 at 18:54
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Well they say "It has come to our attention", so who knows. Still, it seems pretty solid, seeing as they explained some of the control mechanic, with the touch screen being used to direct Chris or Jill's swipes with the olde knife.

I'm excited.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.