GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Simple Question..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/10/04 at 17:37
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Are there any better Live games coming out this year that I should get over Halo 2?

Reason why is because I dont know whether i'll still like it on Live because I haven't been on there for yoinks.

With GTA coming tommorow, I dont know whether theres any point me getting Halo 2. I probably wont have time for it with coursework and stuff.

I have the money to pre-order it now but theres some other games I want to get just as much, like:

Need For Speed Underground 2

Football Manager 2085

Smackdown VS Raw

Def Jam 2

I think im starting to dislike games like Halo 2, Half Life, all Ninty games etc etc. I dont get games often so thats why I want to make the right choice as to whether I should get it or not.

So, I dont want any 'OMG, IF YOU HAVE AN XBOX YOU HAVE TO HAVE THIS' comments (thats for MSN ;)). I want a decent answer as to why you think it's gonna be so good.

Oh and tell me whether you think it'll be as good as everyone is saying.
Thu 28/10/04 at 14:18
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I R HOOPSTA wrote:
>
> Football Manager 2085

I gather you're going to have to pre-order this...
Thu 28/10/04 at 12:46
Regular
*Pictures the world's most disliked retard sticking the PS2 to his head*
Thu 28/10/04 at 12:29
Regular
Stridiot. For the last year you've been changing your mind ovcer and over again about getting Halo 2, maybe it's just not for you?

To be so bothered about spending £30 on a game, it says to me that you're either mental or just very tight. You clearly aren't THAT intrested in the game and are probably only thinking about buying it because of the way others are getting excited about it.

Maybe you shoulod just stick to your PS2?
Thu 28/10/04 at 10:19
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
:D
Thu 28/10/04 at 10:17
Regular
Yes it will support Live 3.0.

No online Co-op. Everything else you need to know can really be found in the Official Halo 2 thread - or just read any of Creepy's posts. That guy has Halo 2 information running through his veins.
Thu 28/10/04 at 10:11
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Halo 2 on the other hand is one of the most anticipated games ever.
> It will also probably be far less of a disappointment than GTA San
> Andreas, because it (GTA series) is over-hyped and wasn't
> really that great to begin with.

GTA wasn't dissapointing, was it? Both IGN and Gamespot gave it a very good review and IGN even said it was the best PS2 game ever.

Anyway, I dont want to get into an argument about that.

I've pre-ordered Halo 2 and if I dont like it then i'll take it back. Can somebody give me some more info on the Live play? I know some of the features :

- Big maps.

- Lots of team work involved.

- Two weapons at the same time.

But thats it.

Have they announced any other Live features? And will it be using Live 3.0 features?

I'm not at all excited about it, but I think thats because I dont know much about what will be in it.
Thu 28/10/04 at 00:47
Regular
I was never particuarly fussed with the first Halo, but I can see how much the sequel will rock on Live.

It really is THE game to play on Live. The amount of time Microsoft have spent designing not only the game but the servers and the whole online set-up is insane, this game will be like nothing else on Live so far.

If you put Def Jam 2, Need for Speed Underground and all those other average games ahead of it, you're quite clearly insane.
Thu 28/10/04 at 00:39
"I love yo... lamp."
Need For Speed Underground 2 is seemingly mediocre. Football Manager will be like the last one with new stats probably and Def Jam 2... well, not my cup of tea.

Halo 2 on the other hand is one of the most anticipated games ever. It will also probably be far less of a disappointment than GTA San Andreas, because it (GTA series) is over-hyped and wasn't really that great to begin with.

I don't really know how you can say you don't like games like Halo, Half Life 2 and all Nintendo games. They are incredibly different categories. Not only that, but you replace them on your wants list with games that are mediocre at best.

Pro Evo 4 incidentally.
Wed 27/10/04 at 18:50
weiner
Wed 27/10/04 at 18:48
No it isn't, my mom forced me to buy it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.