GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why should we be loyal?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/06/01 at 18:42
Regular
There are loads of people that will defend one particular console or publisher for no reason apart from to smite some "zealot". In the times of the SNES and Mega Drive, then the quality of games and the power of consoles were all similar. Nowadays however, the consoles have different capabilities, but the console makers and developers think that they can get away with producing low quality games. Sony released a good quality console first time round, and the PS had a relatively large amount of good quality games. It also looks like the X-Box will also be a high quality console and also well supported. Sony however, in the PS2, looks like giving us a reasonable quality console, however the publishers are giving us conversions of PC and DC games, and also sequels of good PSOne games like GT3 and Smack Down 3. Sequels aren't always bad, as GT2 and Colin McRae 2 showed.

There also have been a history of bad consoles following a success, such as the Saturn to the Mega Drive and the N64 to the SNES.

People will always stay loyal to one company, and these people do not see that the major companies will exploit them for every last penny. Unless the public open their eyes, and start judging the quality of the games, and not having a biased opinion based upon a console they play a decade ago, then they will continue to be ripped off.
Sat 02/06/01 at 20:45
to right! i have a combo of sony, nintendo and sega products!
Sat 02/06/01 at 19:55
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
You can't spell my name right. It's VOTTANATOR
Sat 02/06/01 at 19:54
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I'm spelling its name right. PEARL HARBOR
Sat 02/06/01 at 19:50
Regular
"You've upset me"
You can't even spell it's name right Vottanor! I thought it was a great film!
Sat 02/06/01 at 19:46
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Pearl Harbor is the second corniest film in the history of mankind.
Sat 02/06/01 at 19:44
Regular
"You've upset me"
how teh mitey hav 4allan turblonutter. 2 think that u inforced teh spag rule!

:-D
Sat 02/06/01 at 19:41
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Damn. Damn damn damn.

Grix: MJswerve did, I think.
Sat 02/06/01 at 19:40
Regular
"You've upset me"
turbonutter wrote:

I know, but A
> few peole have.

SPAG!

*prod prod prod*

MUAH HA HA HA HA
Sat 02/06/01 at 19:38
Regular
Like?
Sat 02/06/01 at 19:36
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> I didn't say that TN

I know, but A few peole have.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.