GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Use of ASP on Freeola"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/06/01 at 16:55
Regular
A quick question to Freeola Support: Is the use of ASP available on freeola webspace? If not, are there any plans to make it available? And if not, why not?
Mon 11/06/01 at 15:48
Regular
At the moment our servers are being upgraded from an old configuration which is unstable if modified. This is why we will not upgrade the CGI module. PHP is more then capable and as for ASP we will not use it becasue we would need to use Win NT or 2000 which would require licences and so charging our customers. Not exactly in line with a Free serice.

Freeola Administrator
Mon 04/06/01 at 11:46
Regular
"hockeyphotos.com"
rik wrote:
> It's not available on the Freeola servers. I think this
> is because they use Unix servers running Apache, and for
> ASP, you need Win NT servers (I think, don't quote me on
> it).

Sounds about right. PHP is better anyway!

Chris.
Sun 03/06/01 at 00:50
It's not available on the Freeola servers. I think this is because they use Unix servers running Apache, and for ASP, you need Win NT servers (I think, don't quote me on it).

There's little chance of them changing it. They don't even want to change slight configurations to allow .htaccess files, CGI in different folders and automatic log files. At least they have sendmail though...

Rikki
Sat 02/06/01 at 20:44
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Just to let you know that ASP isn't usable.
Sat 02/06/01 at 16:55
A quick question to Freeola Support: Is the use of ASP available on freeola webspace? If not, are there any plans to make it available? And if not, why not?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.