GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wanna write for Free Radical..?"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/06/05 at 21:46
Regular
"not dead"
A creative writing forum on a games retailers website seems like a good place to put this...

I'd apply if it wasn't in-house - there ain't no way I'm moving to Nottingham

Scriptwriter Wanted - Computer Games
Posted:29/06/2005 Deadline: 31/07/2005
Free Radical Design are seeking a talented scriptwriter to work full-time, in-house, who will be responsible for sharpening the storylines and in-game text

Free Radical Design is an award winning games developer, authors of the recent console hits TimeSplitters: Future Perfect and Second Sight. They have recently embarked upon two new next-generation console projects, and are seeking a talented scriptwriter to work full-time, in-house, who will be responsible for sharpening the storylines and in-game text for both projects.

The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate and knowledgeable about a range of videogames.
- Appreciative of the fundamental differences between writing story scripts for film/TV and non-linear, interactive computer games.
- An enthusiastic and flexible team-worker, willing to work within the structure and constraints of a continually evolving game design.
- A strong communicator
- Able to compose engaging story scenarios and dialogue that will appeal to a varied audience of adults and teenagers.
Contact: Please send a CV and covering letter, with one or two pages of sample film script work to [email protected] or the Personnel Dept, Free Radical Design, Unit 1 Interchange 25, Bostocks Lane, Sandiacre, Nottingham NG10 5QG.
Email: [email protected]
Thu 30/06/05 at 21:46
Regular
"not dead"
A creative writing forum on a games retailers website seems like a good place to put this...

I'd apply if it wasn't in-house - there ain't no way I'm moving to Nottingham

Scriptwriter Wanted - Computer Games
Posted:29/06/2005 Deadline: 31/07/2005
Free Radical Design are seeking a talented scriptwriter to work full-time, in-house, who will be responsible for sharpening the storylines and in-game text

Free Radical Design is an award winning games developer, authors of the recent console hits TimeSplitters: Future Perfect and Second Sight. They have recently embarked upon two new next-generation console projects, and are seeking a talented scriptwriter to work full-time, in-house, who will be responsible for sharpening the storylines and in-game text for both projects.

The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate and knowledgeable about a range of videogames.
- Appreciative of the fundamental differences between writing story scripts for film/TV and non-linear, interactive computer games.
- An enthusiastic and flexible team-worker, willing to work within the structure and constraints of a continually evolving game design.
- A strong communicator
- Able to compose engaging story scenarios and dialogue that will appeal to a varied audience of adults and teenagers.
Contact: Please send a CV and covering letter, with one or two pages of sample film script work to [email protected] or the Personnel Dept, Free Radical Design, Unit 1 Interchange 25, Bostocks Lane, Sandiacre, Nottingham NG10 5QG.
Email: [email protected]
Fri 01/07/05 at 11:58
Regular
I live in Nottingham.

I think Cooky (occasionally spotted in the Nintendo forum) is a games developer there.

I'd say go for it if you really want it.
Fri 01/07/05 at 17:01
Regular
That would be one nerdy job.

How would you ever get laid?
Fri 01/07/05 at 23:13
Regular
i think it would be a quality job, they would obviusly tell u what game they are making, the story would be easy then.
Sat 02/07/05 at 00:08
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Aha.

I'd make sure to add in stuff like:

"OH NOES!1!!1!!!"

"You just got pwned, X."
Sat 02/07/05 at 11:09
Regular
Aw man that would be the perfect job for me. If only I was four years older. :(
Sat 02/07/05 at 12:42
Regular
"Bicycle"
Asher wrote:
> That would be one nerdy job.
>
> How would you ever get laid?

Geek-women.
Thu 07/07/05 at 23:12
Regular
"communist"
Ahem. One can procure certain items of a more plastic nature than a woman... and one would not be the first geek to have done so.

Wouldn't do the washing up very well though :-|
Thu 07/07/05 at 23:14
Regular
Alfonse wrote:
> Aw man that would be the perfect job for me. If only I was four years
> older. :(

And had talent :' {

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.