GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PHP Redirect (Help!)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/06/05 at 21:15
Regular
For various boring reasons, I have a domain registered with Getdotted/Freeola, and I want to host it elsewhere, without going through a change of DNS.

I thought I'd redirect using a one-frame frameset, to keep the domain tied closely to the actual site.

But I thought I'd put in a redirect in the Noframes tags.

As I still know very little about PHP (I'm not very advanced I'm afraid), I have no idea how to do this.

So, anyone able to tell me how to do this redirect?

A thousand thankyous :^)
Sun 03/07/05 at 20:47
Regular
"NULL"
No - before anything is sent to the browser. i.e. before the tags or anything.
Sun 03/07/05 at 20:22
Regular
Thanks, by 'before any content', is that actual page content, or any other content in the html file? (So it could go after the head tags, for example)
Thu 30/06/05 at 10:19
Regular
"NULL"

However, this has to be executed before any content is sent to the browser, so it would be no use putting this in the noframes area. You'd need to use Javascript or similar to do it.
Wed 29/06/05 at 21:15
Regular
For various boring reasons, I have a domain registered with Getdotted/Freeola, and I want to host it elsewhere, without going through a change of DNS.

I thought I'd redirect using a one-frame frameset, to keep the domain tied closely to the actual site.

But I thought I'd put in a redirect in the Noframes tags.

As I still know very little about PHP (I'm not very advanced I'm afraid), I have no idea how to do this.

So, anyone able to tell me how to do this redirect?

A thousand thankyous :^)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.